Wiring for Phantom 2 and 5.8 Wireless Video TX & RX

Reaction score
Can I mount the 5.8 wireless video tx and rx to my Phantom 2 without adding the gimbal? The video transmitter I received did not include any directions. I plan on getting the gimbal as soon as I get my taxes done, but right now I want to connect it to my Gopro Hero3+ silver. If anyone knows how to wire this, I would appreciate it.

Wow, I have been looking everywhere for a way to connect it. Thanks for the links, I have already ordered the cable. I really appreciate it.

I know... I searched for things for a while, couldn't find them, asked here and was rewarded with great answers. Sometimes searching just doesn't work well and other times it is the only way to get the straight poop.

When you get your gimbal, you will need to disconnect the GoPro cable you bought. The video is handled with the ribbon cables with that hookup. As was pointed out to me - the gimbal is delicate so having a cable coming off the camera isn't a great idea and the video is already wired for you (via the zenmuse) anyway. See the same page in the manual for wiring hookup.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1