Wireless storage drive

Reaction score
Does anyone recommend any wifi storage drives that also have an sd slot for easy and quick back up of my phantoms pics and videos?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I use the Western Digital MyPassport WIFI with the SD card slot 2tb , I find it very useful as it saves having to lug the laptop around. The one frustration I have is that it sometimes imports your files into backup folders. No big deal but something to be aware of. All in all a great purchase

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I use the Western Digital MyPassport WIFI with the SD card slot 2tb , I find it very useful as it saves having to lug the laptop around. The one frustration I have is that it sometimes imports your files into backup folders. No big deal but something to be aware of. All in all a great purchase

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Thank you, I was actually looking at thag on amazon but wasn't sure due to the negative reviews lol.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I use the WD wifi also. Much faster transfer when you return home also over USB3.

I ordered mine last night and it just arrived this morning. How do you back up from the SD card?

I ordered mine last night and it just arrived this morning. How do you back up from the SD card?

The drive has an SD slot on the side, just stuck your micro SD in an SD caddy and stuck it in. Its all automatic from there. You can connect with your phone, tab or other wifi device to make sure things transferred correctly.

Reactions: Bull94
Love my wd wifi drive.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Before you put in the SD card you have to tell the wifi drive what you want it to do when a cards are inserted. You can 1/ do nothing, 2/copy everything on the card to the HD, 3/ Sync the card (don't use this), 4/ delete card when copy complete.

Is nobody using an Apple AirPort Extreme or Time Capsule? That's what I use with my MacBook & can wirelessly exchange files to & from the 3tb drive/capsule. It also doubles as a very efficient router with the new 811.ac speed. Works amazingly wig all my apple devices & never shows lag or buffering while streaming on my TV's &/or mobile devices.
I have filled up plenty of the 1tb WD or Seagate external hard drives & an very happy when I made the switch to the Apple 3tb Time Capsule.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is nobody using an Apple AirPort Extreme or Time Capsule? That's what I use with my MacBook & can wirelessly exchange files to & from the 3tb drive/capsule. It also doubles as a very efficient router with the new 811.ac speed. Works amazingly wig all my apple devices & never shows lag or buffering while streaming on my TV's &/or mobile devices.
I have filled up plenty of the 1tb WD or Seagate external hard drives & an very happy when I made the switch to the Apple 3tb Time Capsule.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The WD wins hands down on portability, the assumption being the OP wants a field backup solution.

The apple products are good though. Id go a higher spec wifi AP with a big NAS in preference.

The problem with the apple time capsule is you still need a laptop or some way to put the files on the time capsule. the WD you just plug the sd card in and it autosaves to the HD and no other device required. connect your phone and you can browse the HD and even the SD thats plugged in

Yes of course the time capsule is not portable but I always have at least 2-64gb SD cards on me when out in the field, Off load when I get home, onto time capsule hard drive & then they are all in 1 place when I need to review or pull from final Cut Pro X for post. I still have my smaller WD & Seagate portables if I'm going out of town & taking my phantom. Either method WiFi drives are the only way to go no days, it sucks to have to plug in everything & then "eject" it all properly.

Is anybody filling up a 64gb SD card during a single day of flying, gathering videos & pics? Seems a bit overkill imo to need an external hard drive out in the field with you. There's already enough on my checklist before loading up for a day of flying, not to mention storing everything.
My 2 cents. Always happy To learn something new or how to be more efficient when it comes to transferring the data/footage!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Your correct macman. I find 1 card plenty for a day but when travelling it saves taking laptops etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers