Winter of 2017 Phantom panorama

Reaction score
This is 9 images, 380 degrees, 125 MP image the day after we got 25 feet of snow over 3 weeks. Post production is In Photoshop.
The original is lke virtual reality--zooming in just reveals more detail, not pixels. I never thought I'd shoot many stills with a drone--that's tripod DSLR work.
However, I find I shoot composite stills every flight and the drone has advantages. First is that each shot is perfectly level without fussing with spirit levels and tripod legs. I just shoot and rotate, shoot and rotate. I've even got the "nudge" down where bumping the left stick produces same degree of rotation every time. Good for being two miles away and there is delay in the response. Aerial panoramas are a sweet spot for another reason--this camera is great but not incredible. But using a pretty good camera to shoot panoramas is a work around for getting DSLR results. This image will look superb at 8 feet long and can be printed at home (if you can load rolls of paper). It is rare to get 9 images within exposure parameters that fall in the realm of "normal". It is even harder to have interesting frames throughout. Just because I can shoot 360 degrees doesn't mean I should!

View attachment 75177

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers