Winter is here

Reaction score
With the weather not being so good to get out as often as I like - I have my P3A batteries self discharging until ready to use next.

The question - is it ok to just keep the drone in its case for a month or so; or should I fire up the bird now and again to keep the motors etc active.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hey!

A few days ago I read this:
"This is a problem of the "nand flash". This problem is common to a lot of modules from Dji (p3p no signal, rc transmitter inspire no signal and etc.).
The problem appears when people use LB ( and other devices from Dji) few times during the year, leaving long period where they don't use the device.
Bad blocks in the memory grows up continuously, but if you once a month start the device, Linux marks bad blocks, and it changes the system parameters, "repairing" the memory.
But if you don't use it for 3-4-5 month (in my case 1 month), bad blocks corrupt the flash in the UBL component area or in the U-BOOT component area, and you will no more be able to boot it.
In Phantom4 Dji removed this memory and this kind of problem should not appear.
The solution is to flash again the firmware on the internal memory of the LB."

Read more on lightbridge firmware PROBLEM (and solution) - firmware version not found by dji assistant tool

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj