Winston Salem, NC

Reaction score
Hi all,

My name is Tom and I've recently discovered the P2V+ exists and am totally wowed. Although a complete newbie to RC world (the last thing I flew had an internal combustion engine and was flown with 2 wires attached probably 40 years ago) I had to force myself NOT to whip out the plastic immediately for one of these babies. :) The videos I've seen which were taken with the P2V+ just knocked my socks off. I've read one book on quadcopters so far and have just started another on the Phantom. I decided to purchase a cheap ($80) camera quad to gain a little experience before leaping into the PSV+ and am awaiting its delivery. Since there are no DJI dealers in my area, I was hoping to find some local Phantom owners to connect with. I see some posts from folks in the Raleigh and Charlotte areas but none from here so I decided to throw up a flag and see if anyone was nearby.

The other thing that made me rethink the P2V+ purchase was reading about flyaways. The idea that my $1300 investment might just decide to fly off into the unknown for no good reason is scary. I saw a survey on this forum in which 31% of the respondents said they had experienced this problem with the Phantom and couldn't get any response from DJI about it. That's just an amazing percentage. On the other hand there are plenty of posts saying that if you RTFM and have the latest firmware then flyaways aren't an issue. Still, I think I'll play with the cheap quad and do some more reading before making a decision.

If you're in the area and are of a mind to, give me a shout out.

Thanks,
Tom

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers