Windy point, Mount Lemmon, Tucson, AZ

Me neither - I'll be back for sure! If you're in Tucson I hope you get a chance to fly up there!
I'm up in Phoenix but if I do get down there I'll hit there. I would also like to do bisbee. I haven't been there for 12 years but I think that town would be cool to shoot if you can. I know there was a park in the center of yown.

I'm up in Phoenix but if I do get down there I'll hit there. I would also like to do bisbee. I haven't been there for 12 years but I think that town would be cool to shoot if you can. I know there was a park in the center of yown.

Oh yeah, Bisbee would be cool! There's also the open pit mine there... You have first dibs!

Oh yeah, Bisbee would be cool! There's also the open pit mine there... You have first dibs!
Yup that pit mine would be cool as hell also....definitely a couple cool places there. You get a chance to do those make sure you post them

Great video, planning on going up there to fly around maybe later this week.

Had time for a flight at Windy Point yesterday. Scenic place to fly!

So just got a Phantom 3 pro 3 days ago. Haven't flown it yet. I was looking at legal places to fly in the area and even called BLM and they told me it was illegal to fly in any parks or Mt Lemon. They said there was only 2-3 places in town besides your private property. They seem to be RC club spots but called one and they said QuadCopters or Drones were banned there dur to irregular flight patterns and noise and was limited to RC planes only. Is everyone just flying illegally to get their footage? Maybe I should take it back since I'm still in the return window....I'd appreciate some feedback on the legalities of flying and especially places like Mt Lemon and other areas locally. Thanks.

So just got a Phantom 3 pro 3 days ago. Haven't flown it yet. I was looking at legal places to fly in the area and even called BLM and they told me it was illegal to fly in any parks or Mt Lemon. They said there was only 2-3 places in town besides your private property. They seem to be RC club spots but called one and they said QuadCopters or Drones were banned there dur to irregular flight patterns and noise and was limited to RC planes only. Is everyone just flying illegally to get their footage? Maybe I should take it back since I'm still in the return window....I'd appreciate some feedback on the legalities of flying and especially places like Mt Lemon and other areas locally. Thanks.

I've spoken with forest service law enforment and it is legal to fly on forest service land on Mount Lemmon. However, this spring the forest service issued a statement that banned flying in Sabino and Bear Canyons, meaning you cannot take off or land in those canyons. That does not mean you cannot fly over them unlike National Parks.

Another great place to fly is Tanque Verde wash in east Tucson. There are some great rocks and, when the water is flowing, nice waterfalls as well as plenty of other places along Redington road.

I attempt to fly when there are not many people around and if there are I always ask if they mind. So for everyone who has been present loved seeing the drone fly, especially when they could see the view on the tablet.

Reactions: maseman88
im in tucson too!

all over the place buddy! @masemanphoto on IG

Reactions: gringorio

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4