Windows media player issues ?

Reaction score
Hello, please can anyone help me troubleshoot a problem I'm having transferring videos from the phantom's sd card and my computer? I'm currently on Windows 7 and after transferring the videos I try to open them using Windows media player (So that I can eventually edit through windows movie maker) but it just comes up with an error message saying windows doesn't support the codac used to compress the file. I can still send them through email and view them but it would be more helpful if I could load them straight onto movie maker. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

WMP doesn't seem to play well with mov files. MP4 will play but not the preferred format for high-dollar editing (fine for the average user though). You might also want to download and install two things: QuickTime player and the KLite Codec pack.

Reactions: Ollie613
You'd need to obtain a codex pack and install it. I can't say which one works.

However, you don't need to load anything into Media Player to import the clips into Movie Maker.... simply load up Movie Maker and load the files from the HD or SD card.

Hello, please can anyone help me troubleshoot a problem I'm having transferring videos from the phantom's sd card and my computer? I'm currently on Windows 7 and after transferring the videos I try to open them using Windows media player (So that I can eventually edit through windows movie maker) but it just comes up with an error message saying windows doesn't support the codac used to compress the file. I can still send them through email and view them but it would be more helpful if I could load them straight onto movie maker. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you for all the replies! I'm currently on MOV so I'll try switching to mp4 and downloading QuickTime player and see if that works

You don't need QuickTime to play MP4 files. You do need it to play MOV files if your player doesn't support MOV. You can download FLV player which supports MOV files. There are also free converters which will convert MOV files to MP4 for editing. You may want to stay away from QuickTime though for known security issues.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

WMP doesn't seem to play well with mov files. MP4 will play but not the preferred format for high-dollar editing (fine for the average user though).
There is no quality difference between .mp4 and .mov files from the Phantom
VLC Media Player will play just about anything without downloading codecs etc

Can only recommend Home · MPC-HC, very nice and easy to use with MP4 files.
Free and play well 4k video. Also easy to zoom and pan with the keyboard.

Reactions: Loz
If you wanna play the video like common videos and 4k Blu-ray/DVDs without any trouble, try Brorsoft 8K Video Player.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik