Windows 8

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I bought my new P3A yesterday and am chuffed to bits so far, a little nervous about breaking it but so far very happy.
My windows 8 pc doesn't want to download the pilot app? Is this normal or am I an idiot?
I would like to use the big screen to edit etc from the sd card and just guessed this would be possible.
Otherwise I will stick with 3rd party software but it would be good to get all the other info from the app.
Hope this makes sense and thanks in advance.

I'm running Windows on my PC, as are many others and I've never seen an issue with downloading the app from DJI's website. What you'd really want to do is to download the file to the device you will connect to the controller directly. If you are going to us an iOS device just download the file direct from iTunes or Apple Store... what ever they call it. If you are using an Android device, download the apk from DJI's website onto the device, go into settings and allow 3rd party apps to be installed, use a file manager to run the apk and it will install.

Editing from files from tthe SD card is completely different. Photos and video are stored on the SD card after flight. You put the micro SD card into a SD card adapter and insert it into your PC. You then use Windows Explorer or some other software to view the files on the SD card. Just like you would an SD card from a camera.

Seems like you are confusing two things into one. You don't load the Pilot app into the SD card. You install it into a display device, a phone or a tablet and then connect this device to the transmitter via USB cable.

Please make sure you read the instruction manual and perhaps you want to watch some YouTube videos on this subject.

Thanks for that, I don't think I explained myself very well so my apologies for confusing the situation.
The app is downloaded to my iPhone which I use when flying at the moment and that is all fine, the problem I have is getting the pilot app onto my pc but as you and others are using it it must be me.
I have read the quick start and a chunk of the full manual and watched loads of video but still early days for me (less than 24hrs) with a lot to learn - I guess that's part of the fun.

Thanks again.

Ya you think DJI would have a PC app so that we could actually use their video editing app but thats not the case. Downloading from the sdcard (Phantom 3) to IOS or Android takes a long time, I'm not sure if theres a quicker way to do this? Maybe a direct connection usb cable from the phantom to IOS/Android ?

Thanks for that, I don't think I explained myself very well so my apologies for confusing the situation.
The app is downloaded to my iPhone which I use when flying at the moment and that is all fine, the problem I have is getting the pilot app onto my pc but as you and others are using it it must be me.
I have read the quick start and a chunk of the full manual and watched loads of video but still early days for me (less than 24hrs) with a lot to learn - I guess that's part of the fun.

Thanks again.
The Pilot app does not run on your PC. It's either an iOS app or Android app. These don't run on a Windows PC. Nor is the app intended for use on a PC. What do you think you would do with the app on a PC, use it as your display device?

Well someone could use a laptop as a displace device, but thats beside the point. You cant use DJI's app video editing software on Windows, and popping the SD card slot in a capable Android tablet (Apple doesnt have one) the Codec isn't supported on Android so trying to video edit on a Android device isn't as easy as it should be.

Thanks again.

We're missing something or you're missing something. The DJI Pilot app does NOT go on your PC. Your PC probably has no idea what kind of file .apk represents. If the pilot app is loaded on your iPhone, you're already doing what you're supposed to do.

Why do you think you want the pilot app on your PC?

Codec being supported really has to do with the app being used to display it. I've yet to find something that won't easily display P3 video.
Yes easily played with mx player but do you have an APP that edits that original file/codec ?? Every app i've tried says file format not supported

Yes easily played with mx player but do you have an APP that edits that original file/codec ?? Every app i've tried says file format not supported

For Android, the BEST app is KineMaster. Hands down. However, it's either $5/month or $40/year. If you register it, you then get 14 days to try before you are charged. I can't see editing video on a phone (maybe a Note)... you'd really need a tablet.

I agree, some apps don't like the P3's video format (I think it was the 60fps). KineMaster was updated about a month ago and it works perfectly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers