Windows 10

Android free
Ios free mobile
Linux free

I have a suspicion Microsoft may know something we don't yet...maybe the Chinese are developing an OS to compete and by offering Windows free they are trying to trump the Chinese. Who knows.

Time will reveal.

Like someone has mentioned before, this OS is likely going to evolve into an Office365 business model.

I have a lot to learn about this topic though. So I could be completely off base. However, knowing MS like I have over the years, I don't see them doing anything that will require their suffrage in the money department.

I think you mite be off base, too many users will not understand the operating system if it went 360. I think MS has the future in place, Apps Store will generate $, Lets take a look at what we have with Windows in general... A browser ( Edge ) File Explorer & Cortana assistant ( slick too ) Ability to connect to the internet, Notepad and Word pad. and the operating system. It's really not that much if you think of it in basic form.

You buy software if you want extras, upgrade to Pro or Biz level. Sell support packages, I really don't see anything evil the future could bring. This is revolutionary and historic. We have to embrace what the future is going to bring with the operating system as its just a base platform of things to come.

I'm sounding crazy sorry about that.

this WILL charge in the future. This is the new business model. It won't seem like much monthly... but they don't want people camping out on one OS for 10 years anymore. The more commodity-like the OS has become (which it should be, we are just trying to get our jobs done) the more then need to compete on the 'let's make them feel like it is free' department.

"Renting" software is indeed the new model. I am somehow ok with premiere pro (actually I have the Adobe CC) but cannot stand renting pro tools. So I am stoping with protools 11 and will do Adobe CC until I don't feel like renting it. I record all my own music for any videos I do which is more fun than filming and editing sometimes!!

Sent from my PT beating heart

Playing Solitaire now requires an MSN membership!!

WTF??

That's criminal.

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl