Windows 10 Free Upgrade Offer

Mark The Droner

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I keep getting this warning on my desktop screen telling me my free WIN 10 upgrade offer is going to end around midnight EDT July 29th. I don't feel a great need to upgrade from Win 8.1, and I've heard some people are having problems running some of the DJI software with WIN 10.

Does anybody have any words of wisdom?

Thanks!

I keep getting this warning on my desktop screen telling me my free WIN 10 upgrade offer is going to end around midnight EDT July 29th. I don't feel a great need to upgrade from Win 8.1, and I've heard some people are having problems running some of the DJI software with WIN 10.

Thanks!

I updated my home p/c to Windows 10 and many of my apps and programs would not work, or failed to start. But, there's a fail safe built in to Windows 10 that allows an uninstall option. Uninstalled 10.

Now I am back to 8.1...........and I'm leaving it there until hell freezes over.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Mark I'm running windows 10 and had not had any problems. You will be force into it some time may not be this computer. I have and old desk top that is still running XP.

Reactions: Mark The Droner

Thanks!

I have updated several hundred for customers with very little issues at all. seven of my own.
I no longer have my vision so cannot say if assistant will connect but it should.

get if while it is free, in the end its very worthwhile I believe..

good luck and have fun flying!

I like windows 10 for the most part.... I don't however like the built in telemetry infrastructure.

works fine with the old vision + although with a 4k monitor the app doesnt scale properly, which can be solved by changing the resolution.

My own desktop works perfectly fine with Windows 7 and I see no need to upgrade to 10. It has some 7 year old hardware but runs smooth as butter. I do plan on building a new machine before 2020 so that will most likely be installed with Windows 10, which will hopefully be more mature by then.
By that time they will be phasing windows 10 out for windows 12 or 13. With Microsoft's past history ever other version is good.

My recommendation if you need a reason to not upgrade:

Google Windows 10 + privacy settings to learn how comfortable Microsoft feels these days with its current user base.

It's a simple procedure to turn Off all of those msn intrusive tabs.
And I advise everyone else to turn their privacy options On too. Haha

RedHotPoker

Buried under 5 layers of sub menus are some weird things Microsoft baked into Windows 10 itself.

Most people don't know about those things I find. Well, that was the point of my post.

Also, they should not be ON by default, that's my other point. :)

When it was first brought to my attention, I dove right in. Besides I like to 'poke' around anyway... Haha
Most people never even scratch the surface of what a household computer can do. Only as smart as the operator though... Ha

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik