wind & prop guards

Reaction score
new to the forum... I'm experiencing some strange behavior from my phantom 2 (zenmuse HD-2D/gopro hero 3+ combo)... "wobble" and "flappy" (suspended in the air)....even one unexpected fall (minor crash).... check GPS calibration end everything else seems to be fine...

2 factors I think:

1 - Wind... is the phantom 2 really unable to deal with some unexpected wind ?? are the bigger DJIs (550 and up..) really better with wind ??
2 - I add prop guards just before problems began... can prop guards affect stability ??

any comment would be greatly appreciated

aerofilm team

aerofilm said:
new to the forum... I'm experiencing some strange behavior from my phantom 2 (zenmuse HD-2D/gopro hero 3+ combo)... "wobble" and "flappy" (suspended in the air)....even one unexpected fall (minor crash).... check GPS calibration end everything else seems to be fine...

2 factors I think:

1 - Wind... is the phantom 2 really unable to deal with some unexpected wind ?? are the bigger DJIs (550 and up..) really better with wind ??
2 - I add prop guards just before problems began... can prop guards affect stability ??

any comment would be greatly appreciated

aerofilm team

DJI themselves advise not fitting prop guards to you're version as it will be overweight and do what yours is doing. Grow a set and bin the guards :)

Thank you, but... really ?? How can this be possible ? prop guards are ORIGINAL DJI parts... can you point me where DJI do not recommend their own guards ?

regards

aerofilm team

That, is mighty lame of them. I would suggest getting a scale and seeing what your weight is. I have a similar setup, but with the h3-3d gamble, and love my prop guards. Just today I was outside practicing and ran into a garbage can, which resulted in a crash. I also contrived to tree my phantom, which was an interesting recovery. I crash a lot. I like my prop guards.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4