Will v1.4 install v1.3 on the batteries?

Reaction score
Ok I have a p3p and 4 batteries with old 1.2 firmware.

I know with the remote I will have to install the 1.3 firmware.

The question I have is with the 1.4 firmware on the card (and in the quad) will it install the 1.3 firmware on the batteries?

I think if you leave the firmware on the SD card. Don't quote me on that though. Just what I have read on this forum. Try a search to confirm or contact a DJI Rep. Good luck !

Last edited:
Yeah I can't find anywhere that says if it will install 1.3 on the batteries or not.

Just not sure if I should do 1.3 for everything(p3 and batteries) then go back and do 1.4 on the p3...

Good question. I was wondering the same. How to update batteries leaving the aircraft with latest firmware?

you have to put 1.3.20 on your sd card first mate. update your TX and batteries with 1.3.20 and then update the bird using 1.4

i just did it.

you have to put 1.3.20 on your sd card first mate. update your TX and batteries with 1.3.20 and then update the bird using 1.4

i just did it.

just to clarify. i went from a never updated bird to 1.4 ..... just like what your dealing with.

i just did it.

Ok but now let's say you buy a spare battery next week with who knows how old firmware on it. How do you upgrade the firmware on the battery to 1.3 when the bird would now be on 1.4?

Ok but now let's say you buy a spare battery next week with who knows how old firmware on it. How do you upgrade the firmware on the battery to 1.3 when the bird would now be on 1.4?
I believe in what wrotes @Mako79 in the other thread. If you check the log from update you will see that before to update the aircraft check which part of the firmware needs to be updated and updates only the ones who needs to be updated. I don't think is enough to put an older firmware in the sd to downgrade the bird. Few weeks ago here on this forum there was a thread where was explained how to downgrade the firmware. But afair it was not so simple to just put an older version in the sd card and switch on the aircraft.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20