Will this Work?

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting a tablet so I don't have to use my cell phone for DJI Vision.

I have a Samsung smartphone but I'd like to get a Samsung Galaxy tablet. So, I was thinking turn on the hotspot on my phone and use that to get the map for the Vision app on the tablet... Then connect the tablet to the Phantom.

Anyone else try this? It should work, Right?

:D you could just put the app on your tablet then connect the phantom's wifi.
I alternate between pad, iPhone, or android.
Hope that helps.

I have a Samsung tab 3. I have saved my maps to the locations I fly in prior. What is happening is that my tab works ok with fpv flying but when i try to map out a flight plan with my way points from the maps i privously saved they come up all blurry. So i to am scratching my head. Hot spot doesnt work for me. The DJI wifi comes in like I said for FPV flying just real blurry for auto fly. I was told I need a tab with real GPS built into it like the nexus 7 2nd gen. If anyone can help me out please do. TY. See my phone like most you can pull down your screen and hit GPS. Thats what you need on the tab. I THINK. :ugeek:

DBS said:
It works... Use the hotspot to cache the map data... Turn off hotspot... Connect to phantom WiFi... Go nuts :ugeek:

AWESOME.

I'm going to get the tablet and holder for Christmas... then no more squinting while trying to map out waypoints!

Someone just said that the Samsung Tab 4 does not have a compass or magnetic sensor AFAIK and some features of DJI Vision will not function without it. But he didn't elaborate...

Anyone know what features won't work without the compass of magnetic sensor?

I just bought this tab and it should be here tomorrow.Riin 4gb 7-inch 2g/3g Calling Tablet Phone Android 4.1 Mtk6572, 1.0g Hz Dual-core Cpu 512mb Ddr3 Support GPS Bluetooth Color White off amazon for 77>00. it has 2g 3g wifi blooth and GPS. This should work. Ill keep you posted. Check it out. Good luck.

motoman3434 said:
I just bought this tab and it should be here tomorrow.Riin 4gb 7-inch 2g/3g Calling Tablet Phone Android 4.1 Mtk6572, 1.0g Hz Dual-core Cpu 512mb Ddr3 Support GPS Bluetooth Color White off amazon for 77>00. it has 2g 3g wifi blooth and GPS. This should work. Ill keep you posted. Check it out. Good luck.

I don't think that is the same tablet. I'm getting the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4. Here are the specs:

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_ ... 1-6247.php

Nice tablet. I hope it works. The only thing I dont see is 2g 3g calling. It looks like you have a GPS chip wich is great. I think it will work. Or you can try the HOT SPOT method that DBS recomended. I was just looking for a tablet that works like my phone where I could go my location turn it on pull up a map set my points and fly. I have bad eyes. I will keep you posted. There has been a delay on my tab because I live in Buffalo.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20