Will this tablet work?

We have no experience with this android tablet and this doesn't appear in DJI recommended list.

It looks good for the price of it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Guess I'll have to try it first hand.

Check if there is another with 2GB ram. That will definitely improve its performance. ( 2GB RAM is not a must)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I don't understand why someone would entrust their expensive drone to a cheap knock-off, non-DJI-recommended, crap tablet. Have you read the reviews on that thing?

It would be like driving a car and knowing that your windshield and dashboard are made from the cheapest materials known to man and at any moment pop-up ads could block your dashboard and view out the windshield. Why would you even risk it?

I don't understand why someone would entrust their expensive drone to a cheap knock-off, non-DJI-recommended, crap tablet. Have you read the reviews on that thing?

It would be like driving a car and knowing that your windshield and dashboard are made from the cheapest materials known to man and at any moment pop-up ads could block your dashboard and view out the windshield. Why would you even risk it?
It's not the tablet controlling the Phantom, it's the RC. Looks like you've never flown a drone before.

Reactions: GPSMapNut
It's not the tablet controlling the Phantom, it's the RC.
No durr. That's why I didn't use steering wheel and pedals in my metaphor. I said dashboard (equivalent to all the information/feedback you get through DJI Go app) and windshield (equivalent to your view from the drone)

Nice try though.

Reactions: Alex Baxter
I was using an ipad air 2 - switched to a Shield K1 ($199) and haven't looked back...I have to agree with the sentiment of cheaping out on the tablet - I wouldn't trust my expensive (and by expensive I mean anything $500 and over) toys with a $50 tablet...I get budget but if you're going to spend good money on a drone, I'd plan for an equivalent tablet as well.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj