Will this setup work for basic FPV with mini iOSD?

Reaction score
I have a no frills Phantom 2 with no gimbal.
Here's what I want to do:
- add a basic fpv board camera and transmitter with a DJI iOSD so that I can keep track of battery life, GPS sats, distance, altitude ect.

I have an 5.8ghz immersionrc 600mw transmitter and board camera already, can I just plug the board camera's output signal into the iOSD and then out from the IOSD to the transmitter? I would tap 12v power for the transmitter from where the main battery connects to the motherboard.

Will this work, or is a zenmuse/gopro setup required to make the iOSD do its thing? Any problem with using the main battery to power the transmitter/camera? I assume the iOSd gets it power from where it connects to the Can-bus on the main board?

it may not be as simple as plugging it in, but i can't see why it shouldn't work. The iosd is getting a generic video feed from the GoPro, no special code/signal or anything.

I redid my iOSD mini setup while waiting the return of my gimbal from dji. I can confirm it works as you expect and transmits a blank screen but has flight telemetry data like satellites, battery voltage, etc.

Should work. Here is the manual - http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/nazam-v2/en/iOSD_mini_User_Manual_v1.06_en.pdf

image.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj