Will there be any more FW updates ?

Reaction score
Given the extraordinary length of time this latest FW has been out and no updates ... are we seeing the last FW for the Pro / Adv ?

I can remember when it was hard to keep up with the updates coming out ... seemed no sooner than you'd installed ... flown and another was at the door ! Same with Go.

Is DJI trying to wean us of the old trusty P3 ??

Nigel

At this point, I cannot imagine they'd release new firmware unless some undiscovered major bug pops up.

Reactions: RunningWithScissors
At this point, I cannot imagine they'd release new firmware unless some undiscovered major bug pops up.

I would agree. That's pretty much the case with most consumer electronics. Updates come fast and furious when the product is newly introduced, then updates only occasionally show up, until they stop altogether, unless, as msinger said, some major problem is discovered that needs to be addressed. Your flatscreen TV is a perfect example of that. Unless it's fairly new, when was the the last time you got an update message for your TV?

Is DJI trying to wean us of the old trusty P3 ??

I doubt it, a corporation is more concerned with their growth and bottom line than 'weaning us' users...

That's pretty much the case with most consumer electronics. Updates come fast and furious when the product is newly introduced,

Agree with that

Unless it's fairly new, when was the the last time you got an update message for your TV?

Can't agree with that tho... if my flat screen TV gives me an update message, it's getting unplugged until I decide whether to throw it in the landfill or figure out something else! There will be no I.O.T. devices or smart TVs in this house until after I'm permanently toes up

I haven't flown mine in years. Yesterday I did a huge update, so it feels new to me. [emoji41]

I am bringing mine out of the case its been in since mid 2015. I am sure there are tons of firmware updates needed. Where did you find them? I must be overlooking them on the DJI site because all I find are FAQs

I am bringing mine out of the case its been in since mid 2015. I am sure there are tons of firmware updates needed. Where did you find them? I must be overlooking them on the DJI site because all I find are FAQs

There will be many here, and I'm one of them, that will tell you don't do any firmware updates until after you have flown it and after you have researched - lots.

Also, it would be a good idea to fire everything up, start DJI Go, go to Settings > About, and write down the version numbers of the AC, RC, and app. You may need that info later

I would agree with you, because it was working flawlessly when I put it away, but I recall getting it out last year and starting updates on all the parts and it was such a disaster bc I missed so many updates that I think I had to do SD card updates or something and put it away in frustration, so I am probably halfway past that point of no return.

My other concern is I will be using it commercially a bit for my business (once I get that FAA UAV Pilot cert next week) and I am looking at civil liability for my business if I am flying a drone that is not 100% up to date to manufacturers specs and something happens. Wouldn't want my company's general liability insurance to have an out.

Good advice on noting what is currently on it.

Reactions: umanbean
I am looking at civil liability for my business if I am flying a drone that is not 100% up to date to manufacturers specs and something happens. Wouldn't want my company's general liability insurance to have an out.

Good point

And if I were bringing a Phantom up from 2015, I'd document every step on paper... you sound like 'that type person' anyway so... sorry, don't mean to be preachin'.

If you haven't heard about it yet, with the Verifly app you can purchase liability insurance for a million or more "on the fly"... on-site, half hour or more / flight

I am looking at civil liability for my business if I am flying a drone that is not 100% up to date to manufacturers specs and something happens. Wouldn't want my company's general liability insurance to have an out.

Good point. Of course, you're assuming that your Phantom will actually fly once you're done doing all the updates. Show of hands, anybody know what I'm talking about?

Reactions: umanbean
Good point. Of course, your assuming that your Phantom will actually fly once you're done doing all the updates. Show of hands, anybody know what I'm talking about?

Yeah, I may be in over my head. It doesn't like my Galaxy S9, I don't like this new (new to me) DJI Go app, the S9 doesn't recognize the RC, and all the camera button does is show my flight records and no firmware, I got red/green rapid flashing on RC and yellow flashing on drone.

Ahhhhh… now I remember why I threw it back in the box last year. I will start a new thread because I hijacked this by mistake. My P3A has always thought it was an Inspire1...I know for a fact it is not because I bought it new, but on the original DJI Go it always showed as an Inspire 1. It has an "A" controller. I checked and the drone firmware is and has been updated to latest (text file success). It's the RC. I was complaining about the "new" Go app and realized that maybe I should click on Inspire and sure enough...instead of the "how to connect" button, the camera button came up for an Inspire1. That being said, it does not recognize my S9 tether and the App doesn't see a RC or drone...but the RC and move the camera around a bit. I may try and update the RC to latest Inspire? What a hot mess.

I will start a new thread

Good idea, we'll all meet you over there.

Don't worry about the hot mess, the experts here (who know a lot more than me) will get you on the right path

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl