Will the h3-2d fit on the newest phantom 2 h3-3d..?

Reaction score
Sending my h3-3d for repair and and won't have any gimbal for 3-7 weeks possibly longer. I don't wanna buy a new h3-3d since it's too pricy and I was thinking about buying a used h3-2d to use in the mean time if I find a decent price. Will it work ..? Plug n play..? Bad or good idea..? How much should I pay for a used one ..? Any aftermarket that I can buy and will work on the phantom 2..? Let me know what you guys think. Thanks !

I believe the short answer to your question is yes, it will work. I believe the Phantom 2 was originally designed for the h3-2d... it's the bundle that many of us got and it's what I'm personally running.

I don't know if there's another model of Zenmuse H3-2D but mine had stickers all over it that said for DJI Phantom 2 only

plug and play? yes. if you need a link I can dig one up but there's plenty of youtube videos of a h3-2d assembly and install on a p2. once you connect the ribbon cable and power up, do some upgrades in Phantom Assistant software you're good to go

So with phantom 2, the PCU or GCU that comes with it (the seperate chip needs soldering) we don't need that at all for the phantom 2 correct??

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

If the H3-2D you have says GCU then you need the GCU. If it says Phantom 2 only, then you just plug into the zenmuse port (AI board is optional).
My memories a little fray, but be careful with the firmware and remote controller versions. There is a firmware that makes the tilt dial NOT work with the H3-2D.

If the H3-2D you have says GCU then you need the GCU. If it says Phantom 2 only, then you just plug into the zenmuse port (AI board is optional).
My memories a little fray, but be careful with the firmware and remote controller versions. There is a firmware that makes the tilt dial NOT work with the H3-2D.

I thought the phantom 2 has the GCU built in so it can just plug and play with h3 2d and h3 3d?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The NDJ6 was designed to work the H3-3D/H4-3D and was not compatible with the H3-2D gimbal. There is a work around by removing the spring from the tilt wheel on the NDJ6 controller allowing full tilt of the camera and remain where it was set.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31