Will the Advanced improve this situation

Reaction score
I didn't think I would like the DJI as much as I do. I was on my first flight with the DJI Standard and all was going well. I really like the audio part of the telemetry as well as the camera controls compared to the Yuneec.

I was on the field with my RC club. First of all, I wasn't able to get the compass calibrated successfully. So I decided not to fly it in GPS mode and fly in Attitude mode. About 10 minutes into the flight I got a little brave and raised the altitude to about 120 ft where I set my limit. All of a sudden the screen went green on my iPhone and then would restore back and would flicker and scroll. It would oscillate between losing the signal in red print and restoring the signal back to green. I also noticed that the sticks weren't responding. Fearing I would lose it, I decided to auto land it.

Would the Advanced being that it's using Lightbridge improve things or would the result be about the same? I assume that using Glonass would help me lock in more satellites as well. One thing that I don't like about the standard is that the switches aren't labeled and if u need to bring it home you have to do it on the app compared to the Pro/advanced where u just press a button.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC club, so lots of 2.4Ghz interference. Lightbridge will improve the flight telemetry between the RC and the drone, but not sure it'll fix the live feed issues with such interference.

I didn't think I would like the DJI as much as I do. I was on my first flight with the DJI Standard and all was going well. I really like the audio part of the telemetry as well as the camera controls compared to the Yuneec.

I was on the field with my RC club. First of all, I wasn't able to get the compass calibrated successfully. So I decided not to fly it in GPS mode and fly in Attitude mode. About 10 minutes into the flight I got a little brave and raised the altitude to about 120 ft where I set my limit. All of a sudden the screen went green on my iPhone and then would restore back and would flicker and scroll. It would oscillate between losing the signal in red print and restoring the signal back to green. I also noticed that the sticks weren't responding. Fearing I would lose it, I decided to auto land it.

Would the Advanced being that it's using Lightbridge improve things or would the result be about the same? I assume that using Glonass would help me lock in more satellites as well. One thing that I don't like about the standard is that the switches aren't labeled and if u need to bring it home you have to do it on the app compared to the Pro/advanced where u just press a button.

Get a Phantom advanced, you will not be sorry. Not only does it have 100x+++ the range, but also you get better FPV quality & recording quality. When you are with your club, just switch to a custom channel like 18, one that usually is not selected automatically by other drones... & you will be fine.

I go average 2+ Miles daily with my advanced.

Thanks. So you can do that within the DJI go app, right

Thanks. So you can do that within the DJI go app, right

Yes. I use custom channel all the time, ill usually start the P3A up & check which is the best, it tells you right there which channels have the least interference, you should also be able to do this with your standard, its worth a try.

32 channel hack gives even more choices for this

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj