Will SmallHD DP4 Monitor Work for FPV?

Should work just fine, you'll just need to connect the standard component RCA video output plug (yellow) from the AVL58 receiver to the matching adapter on the monitor.

I can't comment on the quality of that display though for these purposes, the specs say the brightness is at the lower end of the spectrum for common FPV montors.

Yep it does work. You can also wire up a cable so that the 2 LPE6 batteries power the AVL-58 Receiver as well. I bought a couple of high capacity batteries and it is great. Haven't worked out a setting for full screen - not sure it is possible - it fills about 3/4. You can do 1:1 but that zooms in too much. Haven't tested the full range yet.

I would looove to know how you wired the DP4 LP-E6 batteries to power your receiver! Did you have to remove the battery plate or something?

hobbitual said:
I would looove to know how you wired the DP4 LP-E6 batteries to power your receiver! Did you have to remove the battery plate or something?

I have my receiver attached to the top of the DP6 and use a splitter cable between the battery plate and the monitor and receiver.

http://www.amazon.com/5-5x2-1mm-Female- ... r+splitter

Everything is powered by the same batteries. Makes for a simple setup.

Hmm, maybe I'm missing something here. There's no output from my DP4 battery plate, only the input for a power cable. Are you running a separate battery plate to both the monitor and receiver? I was assuming it was actually the batteries on the DP4 that was also powering the receiver somehow.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4