Will sending my Bird off to DJI fix the "no Signal" issue?

Had a similar issue with mine. Taking out the SD card fixed it. have you tried that?

I have left .bin file on mine & now you say this think I've heard this before, did this work for you thanks for input

It's way out there as a platform like nothing else I've ever tried, what problems are you having

Other than the occasional loss of signal, none really. Even those might be due to long distance/barrier rather than a bug, but I can't say for sure and could be wrong. I admit I'm new to the P3 even though I've been flying drones for some time now, so I can't really point exact causes to problems. It just flyes "normal" to me.

As I said I'm still climbing the learning curve when it comes to drones and the P3 in particular. Until a couple of weeks ago I was living in total ignorance, just flying the thing and filming the hell out of everything I could. I did the everyday detailed Inspection of the aircraft but that's regular routine for any hobbyist so I wasn't really aware of the cracks until I started reading Phantom stuff.

I'm at the point I've started looking for things to mod and improve, it's not easy since it's a "closed" system but I'll go on with the carbon fiber project and see what happens. I've had cracks in my copters and planes and even cars before so it's really no big deal for me, it was just part of the hobby really.

Once again I'm not trying to look like it's normal for drones or the P3, or that we should not expect more from DJI as consumers. We should and they will. It's just I'm not aware of any other RC AC that has had such success and sold by these numbers so I can't compare, as a hobbyist these bugs and problems seem common stuff (even if it's not exactly "normal") and part of the hobby.

Anyway, best of luck and good flights to everyone.

Reactions: Ptr
Some have told me that they have heard of people sending there bird in under warranty and DJI fixed the "no signal" issue? Does anyone know if this is true? I am about to the end of my warranty 6 months and if it will I will send it in. Thanks for any info....
Well I am not crying at all, just trying to get my bird right. When I got the bird with 1.1.9 on it did great. Upgraded to 1.2.6 and months went by dealing with this problem. 1.3.2 came out and it was better but still did it. Then I found out about the channel hack, did it and flew perfect for many flights again on channel 32. Then 1.4.0 came out and the first flight it seemed ok. Found out my ipad mini2 wifi would not do the follow me and dropped another 500.00 when the ipad mini 4 cell came out. then it comes with 9.0 and now running Dji go 2.4 ipad updates to 9.1 by itself. And updates the remote when I fired it up the first time. Still on channel 32 but with all the updates I am back to loosing video. Not only can I not see to know what I am taking pics of but Halloween night everyone was coming up to me wanting to see the controller and they would look down and say what does that mean. I oh course look down and NO SIGNAL......crap I just want it to work right for once....and stay working.
Yeh I don't get some of these issues. yesterday I saw a P3 go 2.2 miles out and RTH.

It did have a Windsurfer antenna but still compared to others who cant go 500 ft.

Must be a faulty board, connection or environmental issue ?
I was having this issue after the latest update, i moved into a custom channel & adjusted the data rate to 2-4 MBPS & voila, fixed my issue, I get the occasional NO SIGNAL but its only during the initial boot, i back out of the video (still staying in the app) & re enter video view & it usually fixes it, i occasionally have to unplug the USB & plug it back in & exit & enter video view but never any real trouble getting it back, quite recently after this latest update I was able to take my P3A out 3.5 Miles & had video down link flawlessly & still full signal, only turned around due to not knowing what kind of wind resistance i would get on the way back, if you would like to checkout the flight log & video i posted it here, search the forums & you will find the post. I am new to quads, & at first reading all these issues i was reluctant to keep it, but i refused to not give it a chance, and boy am i glad i did... a little over a month owning my P3A & i feel like a pro, DJI really built an amazing piece of technology, & i am glad i am able to enjoy it, & i am also grateful they took the time to make such an amazing device!

Reactions: AlexSP
The general rule has always been, unless the majority are also experiencing the same problem you are, the problem is in your hardware or cables between each device.

So your options are to either send it to be repaired, research and find a fix yourself, wait for a possible fix that may or may not ever happen, or sell it and not be bothered with it anymore. I have done everyone what I listed, except the sell it option. I have a lot of aircraft parts that I no use for anymore.

Sent back straight away to the shop I purchased it from, to be honest from reading this forum there are way too many problems with this unit. I know there are plenty of people who have had no problems but when a company puts out a product costing this sort of money it should be free of all this sort of stuff. Way too many updates why can't they produce a drone that takes good video and photos. Flies 2-3 km and that's it.
They have done, for the majority at least....

Reactions: B- Scene Films
The general rule has always been, unless the majority are also experiencing the same problem you are, the problem is in your hardware or cables between each device.

So your options are to either send it to be repaired, research and find a fix yourself, wait for a possible fix that may or may not ever happen, or sell it and not be bothered with it anymore. I have done everyone what I listed, except the sell it option. I have a lot of aircraft parts that I no use for anymore.
Seems like it's affecting the majority of us now

Cyberpilot. Thanks for the tips. I'll try them as soon as I have the drone back.
I have returned the drone on Saturday October 3rd. So this weekend it has been 5 weeks.
And I still haven't heard anything from DJI. Reading all other stories, it seems that the European (Dutch) support from DJI is even worse than in the US.

Cyberpilot. Thanks for the tips. I'll try them as soon as I have the drone back.
I have returned the drone on Saturday October 3rd. So this weekend it has been 5 weeks.
And I still haven't heard anything from DJI. Reading all other stories, it seems that the European (Dutch) support from DJI is even worse than in the US.

I hope it gets resolved for you. I was about to send mine in as well. But now, im glad I found a resolution. Just hope it helps others as well...

Yesterday, after more than 5 weeks waiting I received my P3A.

DJI replaced the RC, the receiver and the cooling fan. I think the lightbridge module has been replaced. Maybe the previous one got overheated. The fan should prevent this.

I remember reading somewhere that the lightbridge electronics can become quite hot. This could be the cause for (my) signal transmission problems.

Anyway I have updated the RC (1.4.30). The firmware was already 1.4.10.

I have now flown three charges and so far not a single transmission loss.

The image transmission settings look the same.

So far I keep my fingers crossed. It will take a while before my confidence is back.

Look , spend a while reading through all the forums built for these drones..the underlying theme is problems, how to change updates, cracking shells etc. I guarantee the first sign of any problem with your unit you will be on here complaining about it and believe me it will happen. A lot of people spending a lot of money on these, thinking they can take them out of the box, charge and fly but this is not the case. Very little instruction only what can be got online.

funnny... I took my first one out of the box, read the first couple pages and it seemed to go okay. I didn't go past 20 feet, but seemed like a very nice experience.

Other than the occasional loss of signal, none really. Even those might be due to long distance/barrier rather than a bug, but I can't say for sure and could be wrong. I admit I'm new to the P3 even though I've been flying drones for some time now, so I can't really point exact causes to problems. It just flyes "normal" to me.

As I said I'm still climbing the learning curve when it comes to drones and the P3 in particular. Until a couple of weeks ago I was living in total ignorance, just flying the thing and filming the hell out of everything I could. I did the everyday detailed Inspection of the aircraft but that's regular routine for any hobbyist so I wasn't really aware of the cracks until I started reading Phantom stuff.

I'm at the point I've started looking for things to mod and improve, it's not easy since it's a "closed" system but I'll go on with the carbon fiber project and see what happens. I've had cracks in my copters and planes and even cars before so it's really no big deal for me, it was just part of the hobby really.

Once again I'm not trying to look like it's normal for drones or the P3, or that we should not expect more from DJI as consumers. We should and they will. It's just I'm not aware of any other RC AC that has had such success and sold by these numbers so I can't compare, as a hobbyist these bugs and problems seem common stuff (even if it's not exactly "normal") and part of the hobby.

Anyway, best of luck and good flights to everyone.

Curious... why would you put carbon fiber props on , if that is what you were referring to. Seems to me that it would just let that much more energy hit your engines and mounts if it hit something, wherease the DJI sourced onces will break off to safe your bird.

Curious... why would you put carbon fiber props on , if that is what you were referring to. Seems to me that it would just let that much more energy hit your engines and mounts if it hit something, wherease the DJI sourced onces will break off to safe your bird.

I was referring to carbon fiber reinforcements inside the arms and motor base. I only use DJI props, never tried others 'cos I believe they're the safest and to me they fly good enough (though I balance them all).

I was referring to carbon fiber reinforcements inside the arms and motor base. I only use DJI props, never tried others 'cos I believe they're the safest and to me they fly good enough (though I balance them all).

That makes sense!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31