will pro/adv 4k compatability

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 3 4K that has a bad ribbon cable connector on the camera CCD board. Can't fine any repair parts. Does the the Phantom 3 Pro or Adv, 4K camera work on the Phantom 3 4k model?

Does the the Phantom 3 Pro or Adv, 4K camera work on the Phantom 3 4k model?
No, they are not compatible.

Many have asked here, though it seems to be more often asking about using a P34K camera on a P3A or P3P. Those who have tried without checking first or without realizing they had the wrong camera have often reported smoke and melting wires. You've probably seen some of those posts by now in your research.

Reactions: JoBe
Thank you OSO for alerting one more member well in advance.

Reactions: JoBe
Thanks for the information. Now 2nd question. The ribbon cable for the P3 4K is the same cable used in the P3 Pro and Adv models. Would it be possible to only use the camera ccd board (or camera unit ) from a P3 Pro or Adv camera assembly. My camera was working but, a couple of VERY small pins came out of the connector on the board behind the camera lens unit itself, while changing a ribbon cable. My thinking is if the ribbon cable is the same on all the 4k models shouldn't the camera board, behind the lens work on the P3 4k model. The camera unit (not the upper main camera board with the fan) itself appears to be identical in all the P3 models and there so many more damaged cameras to pick from. Just trying to get my P3 back in the air and really appreciate the information

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4