will P3 advance will accept Gopro

Hi have P3 advance but i really dont like the camera quality and i want to know if i can replace whit gopro camera ?

Welcome to the forum.
Sorry, no you can't do this.
You can, Trade up, to a Phantom 3 Professional. ;-)

RedHotPoker

If you don't like the camera on the P3A you are likely not going to like the one on the P3P since it only adds resolution which, contrary to what most people believe, is not equal to image quality. You could probably dismount the gimbal of the P3 and add a zenmuse that supports a gopro, creating some sort of frankenrig but its rather pointless since you wont be able to use lightbridge and all the other goodies the P3 comes with, also I don't think you'll find all the necessary connections for the gimbal on the motherboard and it would require a lot of DIY improvisation, on the other hand you could just think of selling the P3A and buying a P2 with a zenmuse that already supports the go pro...

Reactions: Rui Nelson
If you don't like the camera on the P3A you are likely not going to like the one on the P3P since it only adds resolution which, contrary to what most people believe, is not equal to image quality. You could probably dismount the gimbal of the P3 and add a zenmuse that supports a gopro, creating some sort of frankenrig but its rather pointless since you wont be able to use lightbridge and all the other goodies the P3 comes with, also I don't think you'll find all the necessary connections for the gimbal on the motherboard and it would require a lot of DIY improvisation, on the other hand you could just think of selling the P3A and buying a P2 with a zenmuse that already supports the go pro...

thanks

@Rui Nelson,
Try this Phantom GoPro bracket, on for size. ;-)
Gimbal-Guard
image.jpeg

Just what the Dr. Ordered. Hahaha

RedHotPoker

its possible to replace advance 2.7k camera whit gopro ?

I'm curious as to why you want to use a GoPro?

I flew one of my spyder quads today which I have not done in a while... it has a GoPro4/Zenmuse gimbal etc.... Although nice I simply have come to hate the curved horizon of the GoPro. (that can be somewhat lessened in the medium or narrow view, and then corrected in video editing - but who wants to do all that??!)

I also like the colors a LOT better on the P3P and the ability to adjust settings in flight - priceless.

I'm actually in the other boat - I'd like to put a P3P camera/gimbal HD telemetry etc on my AD-1 spyder quad below:

AD-1_H3-3D_Gimbal_03.jpg
AD-1_H3-3D_Gimbal_02.jpg

The sensor on the P3A and P3P are identically. Its a Sony EXMOR 1/2.3” CMOS sensor Effective pixels: 12.4 M (total pixels: 12.76 M). So the spatial resolution of still images is identical. The differences are in the electronics to transfer the video.The P3P has faster electronics to transfer 4K video resolution. The P3A has a maximum of 2K7.

Last edited:
I'm curious as to why you want to use a GoPro?

I flew one of my spyder quads today which I have not done in a while... it has a GoPro4/Zenmuse gimbal etc.... Although nice I simply have come to hate the curved horizon of the GoPro. (that can be somewhat lessened in the medium or narrow view, and then corrected in video editing - but who wants to do all that??!)

I also like the colors a LOT better on the P3P and the ability to adjust settings in flight - priceless.

I'm actually in the other boat - I'd like to put a P3P camera/gimbal HD telemetry etc on my AD-1 spyder quad below:

View attachment 37511 View attachment 37512

Hi Have a P2 whit fpv system+ Gopro 3 balck and i just got the P3A the quality on the P3A is Horrible compare whit the P2 + go pro 3 black

Hi Have a P2 whit fpv system+ Gopro 3 balck and i just got the P3A the quality on the P3A is Horrible compare whit the P2 + go pro 3 black
The Gopro has a similar (12 MP pixels) sensor but a fish eye lens. I would assume the P3A/P gives much better quality. Can you upload some examples to compare?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.