Will my drone fly in a no fly zone if I remove the gps

I live near a air strip in Weston its just a old hanger no planes are there but it is on the no fly zone. I have just bought a f550 hexacopter but it will not start there, but my old phantom 2 does

Sent from my HUAWEI Y360-U31 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I live near a air strip in Weston its just a old hanger no planes are there but it is on the no fly zone. I have just bought a f550 hexacopter but it will not start there, but my old phantom 2 does

Sent from my HUAWEI Y360-U31 using PhantomPilots mobile app
Hmmm. Has it been officially operationally closed by the FAA I wonder? If not, it could still be a designated ICE landing strip. We have the same scenario here in the U.K. The location I use for practice closed in 1972, but wasn't officially closed by the CAA until 1996.

I suggest keeping a p2 for those kind of flight plans in a specific area. They do not geofence you at all. As for your question your phantom as long as its the 3 and above, it wont even take off and will report and error if you physically take the gps off. Lol i tried already. But one thing i have not tried is to desolder the gps antenna itself from the module and see if lack of sats will still let me fly vision mode. Honestly if it did work, you wont have a rth point. Better memorize the terrain and your takeoff position.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Not just no RTH, but all flights would effectively be in atti mode if you disconnect the GPS.

Try tapping aluminum foil on top where the gps unit is located on the Phantom. It seems to work for others.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik