Will ipad2 work with p3s rc?

Reaction score
I have a new p3s and am using an iphone6 to connect to the rc. It is almost impossible to read. I bought a shade device and have to wear reading glasses to see it but am still having trouble reading it.

I have an older ipad2 that I am thinking about trying. Will this work with the p3 standard? Is there a device holder available for the p3s that will hold an ipad2? Should I admit to myself that my eyes are too bad and I am too old to be a drone pilot and find another hobby?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I would not recommend using iPad 2. The list of compatible devices can be found on the DJI site. Here is a screen grab.
86094b60e501a7f790135ddda9e04a86.jpg

Seeing as it technically can run iOS 8 doesn't mean you should use it. Also, the thing many people overlook with the iPads is that unless you have a cellular version of he iPad, it has no internal GPS chipset so you can't use any of the functions that require gps on the device e.g. Follow me. iPhone 6 is more than capable. I use it often. I also have a iPad mini 2 which I ordered a 3D printed adapter that can clamp into the existing one on the standards' RC. That option would be available to you if you decide to go that route anyways.

The iPad 2 is too slow. You can find a list of recommending and commonly used tablets here.

I got an Ipad 2 to work, by using some tips on the forum. You fly to a location then hover then wait for the screen to catch up (about 2 seconds). Then you can tell what the camera is looking at.

I got an Ipad 2 to work, by using some tips on the forum. You fly to a location then hover then wait for the screen to catch up (about 2 seconds).
Haha, right on. Nobody should be flying like this :)

Sounds like I should go with an iPad mini cellular version. The iPhone6 works fine but the Dji app has just to busy of a screen for that size device. I am seventy years old and even with reading glasses it is very difficult to see especially on a bright sunny day. Thanks for the replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl