Will closing down Litchi during a waypoints mission affect it?

Reaction score
I already downloaded the iOS version of litchi. I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

But if I set litchi on a waypoints mission, and I close the app, will that affect the mission at all?

When the phantom goes out of radio contact, the waypoints mission continues regardless right?

So will the mission continue to go ahead in spite of closing Litchi?

What if I close litchi and re-open DJI go?

Basically my problem is the video feed has some delay in litchi but not DJI go. I want to start waypoints missions on litchi but want to observe the camera feed that comoes off the DJI go app.

I wouldn't risk it not reconnecting when switching apps. Might be ok on IOS but definitely won't work on Android unless you manually go into Settings / Application Manager and then Force Stop the Litchi App.

Its like 2-3 seconds delay. It can't be used for FPV basically.

The DJI Go app has maybe 200ms of delay. But its workable. The Litchi FPV has 2-3 seconds and basically won't work.

How does the autonomous waypoints thing work for litchi when there are no signals with the controller?

Does litchi upload the entire mission into the Phantom's memory and the Phantom will faithfully execute the commands stored in its memory even if it no longer communicating with the controller?

So does that mean the drone wont know its lost until it reaches it's last waypoint in the loaded mission and then realizes its away from home without communication with the controller?

With Litchi, even if you lose contact with the controller, the bird will continue to all the waypoints. Make sure you set your first and last waypoint where you take off from. The only thing you lose when you lose radio contact is the gimbal automatically moving up and down to focus on a POI (if you have POI or point of interest along your waypoints). I use Litchi all the time for waypoint missions and the above is my only issue.

Also, make sure in your mission settings, finish action is set to RTH.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

With Litchi, even if you lose contact with the controller, the bird will continue to all the waypoints. Make sure you set your first and last waypoint where you take off from. The only thing you lose when you lose radio contact is the gimbal automatically moving up and down to focus on a POI (if you have POI or point of interest along your waypoints). I use Litchi all the time for waypoint missions and the above is my only issue.

That's weird about the gimbal. I noticed that on a flight where I lost signal for a minute. Thought maybe I didn't set it up correctly. But if the mission is uploaded to the P3, why wouldn't that have POI info as well?

Edit: Re-read the Litchi Help doc, which does say gimbal angle works when TX has connection.

Last edited:

Thanks for the tip. Didn't know that about the gimbal and haven't had a chance to fly outside yet.

So if someone was doing a survey on land and wanted the camera facing 90deg down all the time, they must have communication at all times, otherwise the gimball moves the camera back up?

I thought each waypoint you can set the 'camera' settings and what it should do at that waypoint. So does the mission include all this information or does it simply store GPS locations to fly to?

Where is this mission information stored? Is it stored on the SD card as a temp file that gets deleted after the mission is over? Or internal memory somewhere? Makes you wonder if there are limits.

Hmm something to consider then. Or mount a gopro looking down.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl