Will Calibrating the Drone in the wrong direction cause a crash?

Reaction score
When you calibrate the drone, you turn around in a 360-circle, then you have the LED light facing up and turn around in a 360-circle right?

What if you accidentally had the LED facing straight down in the 360 circle. Would that cause the drone to crash?

I think that is what I did wrong when I flew my drone. I had not flowed it in months and forgot my startup procedure.

Thanks.

Not a good thing to do (calibrate upside down) but I don’t think it would create enough trouble to crash.

As I recall from your posts you haven’t flown this in a while? How’s the battery pack(s)? No battery in the world gets better with age…

Not a good thing to do (calibrate upside down) but I don’t think it would create enough trouble to crash.

As I recall from your posts you haven’t flown this in a while? How’s the battery pack(s)? No battery in the world gets better with age…

Batteries were change and not red flashing lights. It was constantly jumping to the right and I had to center it again, after a few moments, it would go to the right again. I decided to abort the mission( which was going to follow my friend's Porsche around) and bring it back in however it then flew over my house and would not respond to the controls. It was acting like the signal was being taken over by another drone remote or something. ( Is that possible)?

Maybe 10 months ago, I was trying my down in my backyard and another identical drone nearly crashed into my drone. The drone was also a DJI drone but seem much faster and more nimble somehow. Perhaps a newer version with modifications. This drone then zipped about 10 feet over me and starred with the camera for about a minute before zipping away. I could not see anyone near the drone. Someone must have been flying it with a extender signal and navigating from point of view of the drone I would assume.

Anyway, the drone was either not following my remote control instructions for some reason. Its very scary when this happen . I am lucky it did not end up in the pool, or the ocean.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub