Will a Phantom Pro 4k camera fit the p3 advanced model?

Reaction score
Will a Phantom Pro 4k camera fit the p3 advanced model?
I'm looking to replace a broken camera/gimbal, are these interchangeable?

Reactions: fastsmiles
Yes.

Reactions: Steiger21
Hi steiger, one of my friends just crashed his P3A, so i'm looking for him to change his gimbal with the 4K one as the price is not too much compared to the 1080 one

have you made it ?

did it work ?

I bought one from someone on here, but have not yet received it. I'll update you as soon as I get, and install it

I think the 4k camera also has a different main board because I read it does have an extra fan that the advance does not have. Just what I read though.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Yes, that's true. The 4k, pro model has a fan and my advanced (1080p) does not. I attached the 4k pro camera gimbal to my P3 and it works great. The software required a firmware update for the camera. The new camera looks good. I have a 4k TV and the videos look great from both. Not a huge difference from the 4k model... But I need to try some different settings, tonight was the first test.

Last edited:
There is nothing different in the drone except the stickers ... it's all in the camera.
If you add a 4K camera and use the Pro firmware, you have a P3 Pro rather than a P2A with a Pro camera..

There is nothing different in the drone except the stickers ... it's all in the camera.
If you add a 4K camera and use the Pro firmware, you have a P3 Pro rather than a P2A with a Pro camera..
Yes but the bird would have the advanced firmware As you can fly bird with the camera off
so I assume you need to install pro firmware before first fire up .
I would assume it all the firmware is the same for both except the camera firmware which would now need to be the pro version Right

I installed it and flew it right away. It prompted me to update firmware, but I was able to fly and record video the moment it was attached and powered up. I updated firmware right after the short test to see if it was working. Remote software is the same on both

Reactions: skyhighdiver
What is the difference in the Professional and the Phantom 3
4k DJI has or are they the same thing?

According to DJI, there is no driver to activate the cooling fan (the little fan on the top of the camera board). Can you confirm if the firmware upgrade enabled the fan to spin?

I crashed my professional camera I have one from an advanced can I used the advanced camera on a professional???

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik