Wild Horses of the Salt River

Reaction score
I went out to film around Red Mountain and the Salt River today. I was flying down the river and from 150 feet and 35MPH I saw what I thought were people in the river. It turns out they were the famous wild Salt River horses. I spent the next three batteries filming them.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Great footage and nicely edited.

Reactions: Chris Vedeler
I like this - they have no interest in the p3 at all

I've tried filming kangaroos but they freak big time - even at long distance
Thanks! I was very cautious getting close to the horses. These are wild and I expected them to be much more skittish with the P3 flying close to them. They didn't seem to even notice me hovering just 20 feet away.

Great video. It is lucky you saw them as no one will see them soon. These horses are in danger of being illegally exported to Mexico.

Stop the Annihilation of the Salt River Wild Horses

Great video. It is lucky you saw them as no one will see them soon. These horses are in danger of being illegally exported to Mexico.

Stop the Annihilation of the Salt River Wild Horses

That is old news actually. There was such a public uprising about the Forest Service wanting to do that that they backed down right away. There aren't too many issues that get over 90% passionate public support but leaving the horses alone was one of them.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic