Wild horses and Washoe Lake, NV. (P4)

Very nice, very smooooth, good use of angle on shots. Music was outstanding.
Appears you have been doing this for awhile.
As a boy 60 years ago my parents worked at Dugway Proving Grounds in Utah. Hundreds of Wild Mustangs out there. We would stampede them as kids and watch the clouds of dust rise. Too bad is was a biological warfare testing site. Most people were contaminated with very dangerous biochemical weapons.

Very nice, very smooooth, good use of angle on shots. Music was outstanding.
Appears you have been doing this for awhile.
As a boy 60 years ago my parents worked at Dugway Proving Grounds in Utah. Hundreds of Wild Mustangs out there. We would stampede them as kids and watch the clouds of dust rise. Too bad is was a biological warfare testing site. Most people were contaminated with very dangerous biochemical weapons.
Ugh, biological weapons and hazards. I'm 60 years old, and I remember some of the hazards that were ignored or unknown back then. I was exposed to asbestos, lead in paint, lead in gasoline,freon, tricloroethane 1,1,1, mercury in thermometers. I was driving before seat belts were available. Big, heavy cars lacking crumple zones. The playground I grew up in didn't have rubber under the monkey bars or swings. The apartment building I grew up in used to burn garbage in the incinerator.

It's amazing that my generation (and my parents generation) survived it.

Thank you for your kind words about my video. Your words put a big smile on my face. Piloting my flying camera and capturing and editing video are all new to me. I've been shooting wildlife with long lenses for many years. It was time for a change, and for a new challenge, so here I am...

Thanks again for your kind words.

Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnnyB and fotodan
Rich C. I fully enjoyed the video. The person on before me said it all. I would love to have a location like that. I couldn't understand why the drone didn't frighten them, then I saw you with long glass. They must not be afraid. I'm surprised. Continue great scenes as such.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Rich C. I fully enjoyed the video. The person on before me said it all. I would love to have a location like that. I couldn't understand why the drone didn't frighten them, then I saw you with long glass. They must not be afraid. I'm surprised. Continue great scenes as such.

Everything in the video was captured with the Phantom. I'm giving long-lens wildlife photography and video a break. My 7D2 with big glass shoots much better video than the Phantom ever could.Unfortunately, the camera and lens weigh close to 9 lbs, which makes them totally earthbound. I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying my flying camera. I'm hopelessly addicted to

No long glass. It

Thanks for the nice compliment, very much appreciated. Cheers...

Too weird, I was just uploading a video of wild horses when yours popped up. I live 10 miles from that spot. A very nice video, moody atmosphere, and interesting subject matter. My experience with wild horses is that the RUN AWAY. But the P4 can catch up and film them running across Nevada. I go out to Nye County (Monitor Valley) to do this. I have flown around wild horses during spring and summer and they start running when I'm a half mile away every time. Makes for dynamic video---and controversy. I have my flame-proof overcoat on. These are REALLY wild horses!

Reactions: JohnnyB
I live in the area too, north of Reno. Our state is a lot more beautiful than we give it credit for sometimes! Both videos are very nice

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Geeze you guys, those are great! Nevada is my favorite area, having flown over it for many years, and driven some of it more recently. Thanks so much for both videos!!

Ugh, biological weapons and hazards. I'm 60 years old, and I remember some of the hazards that were ignored or unknown back then. I was exposed to asbestos, lead in paint, lead in gasoline,freon, tricloroethane 1,1,1, mercury in thermometers. I was driving before seat belts were available. Big, heavy cars lacking crumple zones. The playground I grew up in didn't have rubber under the monkey bars or swings. The apartment building I grew up in used to burn garbage in the incinerator.

It's amazing that my generation (and my parents generation) survived it.

Thank you for your kind words about my video. Your words put a big smile on my face. Piloting my flying camera and capturing and editing video are all new to me. I've been shooting wildlife with long lenses for many years. It was time for a change, and for a new challenge, so here I am...

Thanks again for your kind words.

Cheers
As a kid, we used to play in the insecticide "fog" spewing out behind the spraying truck (to kill mosquitoes). No problems though. I'm fine now at age 59. I'm ok. I'm ok. I'm ok. I'm ok....

Reactions: JohnnyB
Too weird, I was just uploading a video of wild horses when yours popped up. I live 10 miles from that spot. A very nice video, moody atmosphere, and interesting subject matter. My experience with wild horses is that the RUN AWAY. But the P4 can catch up and film them running across Nevada. I go out to Nye County (Monitor Valley) to do this. I have flown around wild horses during spring and summer and they start running when I'm a half mile away every time. Makes for dynamic video---and controversy. I have my flame-proof overcoat on. These are REALLY wild horses!
What you have (very nice video) is what I wanted. To follow galloping wild horses, and I have some decent (for me) footage of galloping wild horses. I show the video to friends and they're like "OMG you're scaring the horses", so I never put that video on youtube. I should have. Here in Nevada the BLM uses helicopters to round up wild horses. They corral those beautiful wild horses. Then they sell them. Personally, I was OK with the video I shot. You used the video you shot and it looks very nice. If I had a bigger pair I would have done the same.

Well done.

Cheers
rc

IMG_1712.JPG
I spend a lot of time in the central Nevada mountains, up and down the 50 corridor and adjacent mountains and valleys--it is paradise in spring and summer--go! And you can fly your Phantoms all day long! Nevada is UAV country and not a wasteland by any stretch. So much to see from the air. Thank you RC for your comments, I didn't mean to hijack your thread either. My enthusiasm gets the better of me sometimes. Cheers to you too.

Geeze you guys, those are great! Nevada is my favorite area, having flown over it for many years, and driven some of it more recently. Thanks so much for both videos!!
You're more than welcome...

Having been born and raised in Brooklyn, the wide open spaces of rural Nevada will forever calm me and sooth me. My best days are days when I see no sign of civilization. To fully appreciate and enjoy rural Nevada you must first sit and rot in traffic during rush hour on the BQE.

Cheers,
rc

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl