Wifi won't connect

Reaction score
Looks to be common enough issue. I took her down in some soft weeds and nothing appears damaged. Now it won't connect to the wifi. The network appears on my phone but says "no internet available" or something along those lines.

I popped the cover off for peak and don't see anything obviously loose or broken. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

If you're using an Apple device, that's working as expected. It just means your Phantom's Wi-Fi is not connected to the Internet.

Last edited:
If you're using an Apple device, that's working as expected. It just means your Phantom's Wi-Fi is not connect to the Internet.

Ok, I'm no tech guru, but my understanding is that the drone broadcasts its on sort of closed network wifi. I fly in a very remote area so I don't believe it taps off of some mystery wifi signal. What am I missing?

What does this mean?

"Took her down" means CRASHED! But it wasn't a catastrophic crash in my opinion. Not tumbling about. Just straight shot into some briars. But not a proper vertical landing. A gust of wind blew it and I couldn't regain control.

I'm totally confused. What exactly isn't working?
Just a guess, but I think he may be talking about a P3S. Since this is a Pro/Adv forum, it doesn't make much sense. His question sounds like one asked often by P3S owners, so that's why I'm guessing it's P3S related.

For some reason, this forum has been swamped with many P3S threads all of a sudden. There have been several instances of incorrect advice because of the differences between models.

Last edited:
Reactions: Numone
I'm totally confused. What exactly isn't working?

It seems my drone is trying to broadcast wifi, but bit able to make a connection. So when I try to connect on my phone, it pulls up the network, and connects to it, but then says "no internet" or something like that. So I have no display on my phone. I think maybe I can still change setting and possibly even fly it, but have no camera for sure.

Just a guess, but I think he may be talking about a P3S. Since this is a Pro/Adv forum, it doesn't make much sense. His question sounds like one asked often by P3S owners, so that's why I'm guessing it's P3S related.

For some reason, this forum has been swamped with many P3S threads all of a sudden. There have been several instances of incorrect advice because of the differences between models.

Yes I have a P3S. I posted through the app and didn't realize it went to the pro/adv section. No harm intended.

It's because of all the x-mas drones people got from Santa, and it's their first time on the forum.

Yes I have a P3S. I posted through the app and didn't realize it went to the pro/adv section. No harm intended.
The internet and wifi are not one in the same. You can have a wifi connection (SSID), doesn't mean you have an internet connection. The P3S has wifi, not internet.

I've noticed a couple of instances of app users stating they weren't aware they'd posted in the incorrect area, stating it just says Phantom 3?

Yes it just shows P3. Now way to select for standard, pro, etc. you can post new in P3 but it doesn't show what category beyond that

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic