wifi transmitter keeps turning back on

Reaction score
Why is my wifi transmitter turning on by itself. I check and double check that it's off. It will stay off for a while and then it goes back on. Is it going out, or did I do something to it?

What is your wifi transmitter? If you are talking about the white rectangular "wifi extender" it will be lit up if you have the usb plugged in. If its lit up when turned off and unplugged something is wrong with it.

Yes, it would be the wifi extender. And I have nothing plugged into it. When I turn it off, it only stays off for a little while and then it goes back on. Also, I did do all the updates on everything about 2 weeks ago. But I've had several perfect flights since then. I even had a great flight the night prior. So it doesn't seem like that would be the problem. This is my older P2V and it has been extremely faithful (other than user error lol). How hard is it to replace something like this? Is it possible that when I slid the controller into my foam case I pulled something lose?

Other folks have also reported issues with the on-off switch. It might just be the way the switch is mounted in the case. It seems to need just a tiny movement to make it go on.
One person said the issue went away when he just opened up the wifi extender, fiddled with the switch, and closed it back up again.

Sweet.... lets hope that is the problem. I will try that first. I'm not looking forward to replacing the extender. Also, I'll search under on-off switch and see if I can get some more info on the topic.

The switch does not actually have the power running through it. The switch enables a power FET.
DJI may have the pull-up resistor value too large; it can't overcome the switch's Wetting Current phenomena.

Flicking the switch back and forth a number of times might clear the oxide film on its contacts; for a while anyway.

• Note: High humidity environments can cause the phenomena to happen more often.

I flicked the on-off several times and the lights did go out.... at least for now. I have it back on a charger because it came on during the night and wore down the battery. (hopefully I don't run into battery issues after this) The link to the "wetting Current" was great. That would make sense because I bought it from someone (quite a while ago) that lives at the beach. And I was in a slightly humid area over the weekend. Maybe it was just enough to cause a problem.

Problem fixed. I think it was "wetting Current". Its shutting off just fine now. I will keep an eye on it and make sure I keep is out of the warm humid places. Thank you

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20