WIFI security with 2 or more Phantoms

mmn

Reaction score
Is it possible to get wifi interference with 2 or more Phantoms flying in close proximity?

Also is there any security or protection from connecting to the wrong Phantom when powering up? And can two smartphones using the Vision App connect to the same Phantom?

Edit: I guess I should clarify. I'm only talking about wifi between the phone and the Phantom. I understand the RC and Phantom are bound and should not interfere.

I have not done this yet but am about to with a buddy and his Phantom2 V+. The drone video operates on 2.4Ghz so they should be good, it scatters the signal around the band so they won't interfere with each other. Your drone is linked to your controller (there is a button underneath one of the the heli arm supports that turns red when you press it and link the two together. It comes paired from the factory) so that will ensure that your controller and DJI app will talk to your phantom.

The Wifi Extender network join I'm curious about.. We see two on the phone. What happens if you pick the other one (I think I'll rename mine just in case)

I have tried to connect my Ipad and Iphone to my drone at the same time and it is a first in gets connected type deal. The latter blocks the other device.

I plan to test in baby steps before trying for that eye to eye shot 100m up.

I fly with two other P2V+ but never had any issues. Just remember to give your wifi name something unique so others will know it's yours ^_^

"My_Phantom_so_back_off"

Idk if that'll fit lol

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4