WiFi Module Reset to Factory Default

Reaction score
Is there a way to reset to factory defaults the WiFi module that is on the phantom?
I'm not talking about the repeater. That has a reset button. I'm talking about the WiFi module on the bird itself.
I need to reset it to its factory settings. Any way I can do that?

The birds wifi unit has a fixed MAC address and is not normally addressable via any commands. It has two board in in. One for video and the other for telementry. What issue are you having that you feel you need to reset it?

The birds wifi unit has a fixed MAC address and is not normally addressable via any commands. It has two board in in. One for video and the other for telementry. What issue are you having that you feel you need to reset it?

The issue I'm having is that having previously loaded luci onto the WiFi module in the bird, and having modified it for my 3rd party wifi repeater setup, I made a change the other day in an attempt to route my GoPro wifi connection over the Phantom's wifi bridge.

Unfortunately, it didn't like my configuration, and stopped broadcasting entirely. As there's no ethernet port, or reset button, it's now hosed.

So while the module is intact, as the WiFi configuration is messed up, I cannot access it to get in via ssh and change anything back. The Phantom also doesn't support direct "upgrading" of this module, so I can't reflash it with the Phantom assistant either.

There are a variety of debug pads, and the connector that mates the module to the video daughter board, but none of them are accessible to me with the tools I have at hand.

Interestingly enough, the extender stock module has the same port to connect to a daughter board, so I'm certain dji could reflash the module with the right adapter, but I cannot.

Hence why I was looking for a way to "reset" it. I think I'm out of luck though, so I ordered a new wifi module. Probably have to transfer it to the old module case though, as I have a vented one now, and it looks like most of the replacement modules are the older style. Probably also re-heat sink both parts of the module while I'm at it.

Basically, a configuration error just cost me $190. :-( Annoying, but is what it is.

Sorry but if you can no longer ssh in its probably toast now. Once the firmware has been modified and then its like a computer program it follows its directions and if there is no back door the front door is locked ... well your locked out. That's why stock is a solid rock and if we play we have to pay. Sorry!

Sorry but if you can no longer ssh in its probably toast now. Once the firmware has been modified and then its like a computer program it follows its directions and if there is no back door the front door is locked ... well your locked out. That's why stock is a solid rock and if we play we have to pay. Sorry!

Yup, my thoughts exactly. If I had a jtag I could probably rescue it, but I don't.

Mine was actually always a bit bad in the heat, so I'm taking it as a blessing in disguise. Just got an H4-3D and GP4 Black, so might as well be upgrading my Wi-Fi too. And this time I'll be doing the artic silver mod before I install it. Since I just so happen to have some lying around.

I will have to redo the Luci install though, as my current repeater setup requires I modify the AP in the bird for it to work correctly. Won't be making the same mistake this time though.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4