Wifi lag

Reaction score
Hello!

I just got my vision and quite pleased with it!

How ever - I often experience serious lag on my FPV. up to 60-90 seconds sometimes. And other times it works just fine. But must of the time we are talking serious lag. I tried different Phones and tablets and i seems to be same. - I does ruin the flight experience!
The distance from the drone to the TX does'nt seem to have anything thing to say in this case..

Everything is running the latest update and works fine.

Any ideas? I'm using a 1,5 year old phone - but I dont guess that I the problem?

cheers!

Flying regards from Thailand
Troels

troels said:
Hello!

I just got my vision and quite pleased with it!

How ever - I often experience serious lag on my FPV. up to 60-90 seconds sometimes. And other times it works just fine. But must of the time we are talking serious lag. I tried different Phones and tablets and i seems to be same. - I does ruin the flight experience!
The distance from the drone to the TX does'nt seem to have anything thing to say in this case..

Everything is running the latest update and works fine.

Any ideas? I'm using a 1,5 year old phone - but I dont guess that I the problem?

cheers!

Flying regards from Thailand
Troels

troels,

Same problem here when I started, with android 2.0- it worked with the app, but lagged the way you are describing. Updated android and all is well now.

So not an app update but an android-system update?

Hmm - just checked it and it I am already running with the latest update. 4.1.2

What make-model is your phone?

I've read this exact issue on iPhone if you use older model. If I'm not mistaken, the cut-off is iPhone 4S (and newer) and iPad mini (gen1+).

Cut the video preview format down to 320x240 at 15 fps,
at least until you get that speed working properly.

Then, with the right software and hardware, the delay
should be about two tenths of one second.

Saying that you have the latest version does not help much.
For example, on an Android device you might have v34 or v36.

I do not have experience with the Apple products.

I have 1.0.36 DJI app and 4.1.2 android app. I think these are the latest?

If i change the video quality, does the picture quality also changes on my screen?
Or does it send the lowest to the phone and record in an higher quality?

cheers

To reiterate my previous comment: it may be hardware issue based on past reports. It is not fast enough to decode the stream in realtime; thus it doesn't play the stream in realtime so there's a buffer/backlog of the video-to-play, creating the delay/lag.

I have no idea which part is causing this, since even the highest video setting (640x480@15fps) should be considered child's play (in terms of the required processing power and bandwidth needed) to even first gen iphone.

First, as Pull_Up has suggested many times: On android: go to WiFi settings, press the menu key and choose "Advanced", then uncheck "Avoid poor connections". This should keep your Droid fom trying to switch to stronger WiFi networks and dropping your Repeater. Next, if your Droid is slightly underpowered try a lower resolution & frame rate in the Vision app under Settings/Preview Quality, the top selection requires the most WiFi bandwidth & image processing by the phone, the bottom selection requires the least. On Apple products, an iPhone 4S or similar/later performs perfectly. On iPhone 4, drop the Preview quality to get smooth video.

iDrone

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic