WiFi Keeps cutting out Android 5.0.1

Reaction score
Anyone having a problem with Android 5.0.1 and the WiFi cutting out once you click on Camera? I maintain a connection with the drone up until I click on Camera, then it cuts in and out saying "Lost Connection". I can only maintain a connection for a few seconds at a time. I never had the issue until I upgraded to 5.0.1 (Lollipop).

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but that didn't work.

Thanks, will give it a try when I get home! I believe I have it set low at 320x something and 15fps, but I'll check again. It was working then it just started cutting out a month or two ago. I noticed quirky things happening when I upgraded to Android 5.0 so thought that may be it. I'll respond when I retest. Thanks again!

Well that's as low as it will go so that's not it . I use IOS so not sure about Android and not even sure if the phone is the issue here.
I have never had this issue but have seen it discussed before and will look and see where it was and post ya a link to it .

monker thumbup.gif

I posted this in the other forum, I think I figured it out:

I think I figured out what my issues may be. I reinstalled the cameras firmware, but that didn't work. I then disabled NFC, GPS, and Bluetooth on my Note 4 and I was able to get three successful flights with video. I'll play around when I have time, but I think maybe with one of the other radio functions on my device may be interfering with the drones hotspot. I'll try to narrow down to one and respond back in case someone else has a similar issue. I thought it may be a RAM thing where the app didn't have enough cache, so I figured disabling those functions may help but now that I think of it that's a lot of extra frequencies running at the same time.

Glad ya getting figured out cline ! I have about decided to just get another Mini and have nothing on it but the app and maps to cut down with so much other stuff .I see lots doing a lot of unnecessary stuff with an issue and it's just in some setting with the phone . Do let us know how it turns out !!

I posted this in the other forum, I think I figured it out:

I think I figured out what my issues may be. I reinstalled the cameras firmware, but that didn't work. I then disabled NFC, GPS, and Bluetooth on my Note 4 and I was able to get three successful flights with video. I'll play around when I have time, but I think maybe with one of the other radio functions on my device may be interfering with the drones hotspot. I'll try to narrow down to one and respond back in case someone else has a similar issue. I thought it may be a RAM thing where the app didn't have enough cache, so I figured disabling those functions may help but now that I think of it that's a lot of extra frequencies running at the same time.
Always fly with your phone in airplane mode (manually turn WIFI back on). I had all kinds of problems with my Galaxy S5. Airplane mode solved them all.

It's just weird because I never had an issue until recently. I do believe it's Bluetooth that is interfering though; from what I remember in school Bluetooth operates in the 2ghz frequencies and while I'm not sure offhand what the RC remote is (2 or 5ghz) if it's the former than it would make sense. I haven't had much of a chance to narrow down what the exact cause is but I definitely agree that keeping only WiFi on is the best fix. Just not sure why it just became a problem when I've been having successful flights for a year without issue.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1