Wifi issue live feed.

Reaction score
Hey guys i am well aware of the no live feed issue with the P2V+. I thought i had the same issue until today. I havnt had a live feed for weeks. I went to a local area where i fly. I powered up as usual and low and behold i got live feed! Wow excited.. So after taking some shots i landed and shut down.. 5 mins later i put another battery in and powered up again.. Well no live feed this time.. Still took pics and video. No issue but no live feed again... Any ideas? Is the wifi module heating up and not working after first batt? Have had the same issue before. No live feed after first battery.. Any ideas as to what it might be??

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

There are several possible reasons for the failure but it sound like you may be on the right track. There are you tube videos on opening the wifiTx under the Phantoms hood and installing artic silver. Also putting some vent holes in the tx cover. That will help if the module has't been overheated and damaged. If you let here cool down and put in a fresh battery and all is well I would think you are still ok if you help with the heating issue. Good luck and let us know the outcome.

Tried powering it up 2/3 hours later. No issue at all.. Live feed ok.. Might have to pull the module out and suss it out and arctic silver it..

Keep in mind that you need to insert some copper shims between those chips and the housing so it makes contact. Someone could chime in and tell the size and which chips in there need those copper shims.

Thought it was just a matter of removing old paste and applying new paste where it is required..

Well it isnt coz you dont have paste at all on some chips. I think that it has paste on top part of the modul where the antennas are but buttom does not. Find thread which shows it, there is a youtube video also but I am 99% sure that few chips do not touch housing so no sense in paste if it is left like that, there must go some cipper shims to make contact and transfer heat on the outer side.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20