Wifi Extender on Phantom 2 Vision

Reaction score
I took my PH2v out today, which was the first beautiful day in awhile...and besides not being able to see the screen on my Samsung G..4 very well, (I have a sunshade) I would lose Wi-Fi connection constantly..no obvious interference in the area I was in that I know of, I was in an open park with no power lines or tall buildings etc ..right on the Chesapeake Bay. I read that the Range Extender on the Phantom Vision 2 + does a better job. I'm not real handy at modifications etc...so I am looking to purchase a better one if that is possible. Question is...does anyone know if the Phantom Plus range extender does a better job? I thought I read someone changed to the Phantom + extender, but cant find that post again!

Thanks.

RB.

Yep, the RE700 is more powerful, I've bought 3 of them..Also did the antenna mod and used antennas from FPVLR....

Anyone know how to test re500 extender or wifi transmitter from bird camera ? I think i have a problem with my wifi system.

Well before I go purchase an RE700 for my Vision 2 ...anyone know of a fix for the RE500 wifi extender. I had all kinds of issues today. Lost connection almost constantly, came back for a few seconds here and there. I am sitting at home trying it and the same issues. Worked ok from the beginning. Only about 10 flights to this point? Any suggestions? Probably going to order a new ipad mini, because my galaxy 4 screen is very small to begin with?

I've also looked at WiFi amplifiers (that is what they were intended for) that gives a 2 watt output. But, from my field and ham radio, a better antenna will do more than a wattage increase, at that level

I did end up buying an RE700 and gave it a quick test yesterday. I didn't lose connection so already it's better but I didn't fly too far as it was too breezy.
But I am sure this will prove to be more user friendly than the Re500. Also, took my Galaxy Phone off and replaced it with the Galaxy Tablet and the combination seemed to be better. Still having issues seeing the screens on all these darn things. I bought sunshades for both but still difficult to see.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4