Wifi dead?

Reaction score
hello!

New to the forum here with a question. My son has a P3S which we are using with an iPhone 6 Plus. We have flown it about 4 total hours but when we tried to use it yesterday the iPhone could not connect. The drone's wifi did not show up on the list of available wifi networks. The controller was recently dropped off a kitchen counter onto a hardwood floor.

Any thoughts or things we could try? Might we have damaged the controller?

thanks in advance for all your assistance.

Cliff in New Orleans

hello!

New to the forum here with a question. My son has a P3S which we are using with an iPhone 6 Plus. We have flown it about 4 total hours but when we tried to use it yesterday the iPhone could not connect. The drone's wifi did not show up on the list of available wifi networks. The controller was recently dropped off a kitchen counter onto a hardwood floor.

Any thoughts or things we could try? Might we have damaged the controller?

thanks in advance for all your assistance.

Cliff in New Orleans

I would take that bet you did damage it.
the wifi repeater is inside the RC

time to open it up and look for obvious lose wires/plugs etc.
if nothing shows clearly look over the circuit boards to see if cracked etc.

good luck and have fun flying!

Yes, Bougeeois. All lights are green. That being said, the controller took several hours to charge last time (before the drop).

Yes. All lights are green. That being said, the controller took several hours to charge last time (before the drop).
Several hours? Like 2-3? That is not unusual for the controller if it is nearly discharged in the first place. The fact you have all LEDs as green suggests to me a wifi connection was established between controller and the drone. Have you tried another mobile???

One additional piece of information. we are able to fly the drone using just the controller but cannot see anything on the DJI GO app

Several hours? Like 2-3? That is not unusual for the controller if it is nearly discharged in the first place. The fact you have all LEDs as green suggests to me a wifi connection was established between controller and the drone. Have you tried another mobile???

It took more than 5 to charge but we were using an old iPhone 1 converter, which we swapped out after a few hours.

One additional piece of information. we are able to fly the drone using just the controller but cannot see anything on the DJI GO app
Like I said.... Wifi connection exists between controller and drone. I really dont know the internals of the controller and its wifi repeater but it would seem that if the drone can pick up the controller wifi broadcast, the mobile should as well. Maybe someone with more understanding of the controller wifi???

BTW: Technically speaking, you don't need the mobile/dji-go app to fly the drone as you already found out.

I would take that bet you did damage it.
the wifi repeater is inside the RC

time to open it up and look for obvious lose wires/plugs etc.
if nothing shows clearly look over the circuit boards to see if cracked etc.

good luck and have fun flying!

Thank you thank you thank you! I nervously took the controller apart then noticed that one of the components that had an MAC code sticker on it had become unattached. I pushed the pins back in their slots and bingo! It works. We're going outside to fly now. Woo hoo!

Thank you thank you thank you! I nervously took the controller apart then noticed that one of the components that had an MAC code sticker on it had become unattached. I pushed the pins back in their slots and bingo! It works. We're going outside to fly now. Woo hoo!

Kirk and Bourgeois, you guys are awesome.

awesome!

good luck and have fun flying!.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4