Wifi Connection required?

Reaction score
I am contemplating the following Phantom package to use for real estate videos...

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1 ... erial.html

One question I need answered...Is a wifi connection required to operate the phantom?

Several of the locations I plan on shooting are remote and will not have a wireless signal available. With this custom package, with an external monitor, will I have problems or be limited due to wifi capabilities?

From what I have read, problems can develop if you use the iphone control with the GoPro as the signals interfere with one another. I figured that problem would be resolved by using the integrated external monitor.

Any advice or insight is greatly appreciated.

The Phantom 2 behind the link does not need WiFi to operate. Actually having WiFi on in any device near the Phantom 2 is something you should avoid. The remote control of Phantom 2 works in the same frequency as WiFi and this is why you should avoid using WiFi devices near the Phantom. The package includes an videotransmitter/FPV-kit, so you should be ready to fly with that thing without a need for anything else.

Phantom Vision is different, it has WiFi videotransmitter and therefore remote controller is set to work in different frequency than the WiFi.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues