Wifi Connection Lost!!

Reaction score
:eek: I just started to experience the lost of my Wifi connection to the bird. I have installed the Stage 4 Kits from Tony and was getting great range with no issues. The funny thing is I still have video (FPV) from the bird but lose the OSD information. Has anyone has this issue before? Is my Wifi extender the problem on the controller? Or the Wifi TX on the bird? Would like to hear if anyone else has experience this before and what was the solution?

Give some distance or altitude for a reference to go by. Is this happening 15,000ft from home point, or 6700ft straight up?

check your cable connections. 3 grey cables from phantom to the gimbal. The 4 pin molex clip-in is loose.

The distance of the bird with the lost of wifi signal varies and today the longest distance was within 1,000 feet and it keep on dropping I lose the signal had within 25 feet of the controller. It seemed the longer I had the range entender on the more it dropped. I am thinging it is the Range Extender on the controller. My therory is the extender heats up and fails, I have 3 batteries and I belive on the first flight the connection will not be lost but on the 2nd battery the issue will start an increase the longer the range extender is on. I have read in various forums the problem the DJI extender has heat issues and I hope this is my problem, which is an easy fix in the short term with a purchase of a replacement.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers