Wifi booster.. Can it really be that difficult?

Reaction score
Hi,

I've just been trying to set up my wifi repeater but with questionable results..

I have a TP-link TL-WA830RE I've tried to rename it with the I address method and it can't be done..

I have managed to program it to the FC40 camera but when you search your wifi only the camera shows up no repeater..

I have flown with it but it doesn't seem to get much better range.. But it was t a fair test as I was using another phone..

Has anyone had any success using the TP-link booster?

I had to try several times to link my booster to the camera. But once I did, it worked.

You turn on the camera and then the booster. It takes a long time for that to boot up and connect. At least a minute, I would say.

I didn't have great results with mine. If you have the booster right next to you, you are wasting a lot of the possible advantage. It would be better to place the booster some distance away from you, so the FC40 would not be as far away from it as it is from you.

If you are using a phone as a monitor, you would be much better off buying a used wifi version Kindle Fire or a new Kindle Fire HD. They give MUCH better range. An iPad or an Android tablet would probably work well, too. These are set up to work with wifi. Wifi is secondary on phones.

When my girlfriend and I tested the Fire with her holding the camera and me walking away with the Kindle, I got almost 400 yards away before we lost the signal. With the iPhone, I don't think I got more than 100 or 120 yards away before I lost the signal.

When I forget my Kindle, I don't even bother using my phone. I just fly it without FPV.

Amazingly it works really well!

Turns out it's an invisible repeater.. It just works! Had close to 300m out of it!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20