WiFi and Mobile Hotspot

Reaction score
HI there. Please bear with me as I'm a newbie. I bought my first drone, a Phantom 3 advanced and I use my Galaxy Tab E tablet with the DJIGO app as I don't own a cell phone. I can fly by sight but I can't fly with a live feed as I don't have a Wi-Fi connection once I leave the house. Would a hotspot device such as the Huawei Rocket Stick or ZTEMF970 Rocket Mobile Hotspot do the trick? Or is there a simpler solution I'm not aware of? I'm itching to get that cockpit sensation. Thanks.

You don't need an internet connection unless your doing Facebook live video. The advanced has light bridge and its much better then WiFi plus you will get a live video feed on your tablet. All you got to do is open the app at home and casch the map (basically move the map around so it is stored in the memory of the device) then when you go outside the map will be on the app and you can fly

You don't need wifi to get live feed. AC will transmit the live feed to your RC and your tablet will get it on dji go app through USB port of RC.

Sorry, I have absolutely no idea what casch the map means.
As said above "Cache" the map.
Connect your tablet to your home wifi. Open the app. Pull up the area that you are planning to fly in. This does not have anything to do with the video feed though.

You do not need the Internet to get the video feed from your AC. That is a connection between your AC, RC and then to your tablet. The Internet has nothing to do with it.

Go through the steps in the manual to connect your RC to your tablet and then to your AC. If you still aren't getting a video feed there is something wrong with the cable to your tablet or the RC to the AC.

If the internet has nothing to do with it, why is it that I have video feed inside my house but not outside? My tablet searches for a Wi-Fi connection outside and can't find one.

I went to the manual. Is it possible I am not 'Linked' to the AC even though the manual states that it is linked before delivery (p 28)? I followed the instructions to try and link it myself 'just for fun' and failed. The app refers to it as a 'Frequency" button while the manual refers to it as a 'Link or LInking' button (page 29 step 5). Either way, there is no button to push, only a solid green light to the left of where this button is supposed to be. Sheesh. BTW does 'Lightbridge' factor into all of this? Thanks.

Try turning on airplane mode or flight mode.
Hold the phone, Joan! I just discovered that this 'button' is actually a recessed pin hole. I tried again and was successful. I took my drone (do people give their drones names?) out to my deck and fired it up without Wi-Fi and I have a live feed. I'll take it for a spin after supper and will report back. Now I'm pumped.

Hold the phone, Joan! I just discovered that this 'button' is actually a recessed pin hole. I tried again and was successful. I took my drone (do people give their drones names?) out to my deck and fired it up without Wi-Fi and I have a live feed. I'll take it for a spin after supper and will report back. Now I'm pumped.
That did the trick. Wow. What an experience. In my excitement I forgot to turn the camera on:( I'll fly again tomorrow. Thanks everyone for replying.

Reactions: Neon Euc
If in the future you want to work with WiFi, I can advise one service WiFi scanner https://www.netspotapp.com/wireless-network-wifi-scanner.html with its help, you can effectively increase the coverage area and correctly place the Wi-Fi signal repeaters, which will make it comfortable to use your Phantom 3 advanced and fly in the areas you want to. Signal repeaters will increase the coverage area, and with the help of the application, it does not take a lot of time.

Reactions: Neon Euc
HI there. Please bear with me as I'm a newbie. I bought my first drone, a Phantom 3 advanced and I use my Galaxy Tab E tablet with the DJIGO app as I don't own a cell phone. I can fly by sight but I can't fly with a live feed as I don't have a Wi-Fi connection once I leave the house. Would a hotspot device such as the Huawei Rocket Stick or ZTEMF970 Rocket Mobile Hotspot do the trick? Or is there a simpler solution I'm not aware of? I'm itching to get that cockpit sensation. Thanks.

Hi Leonardo
I hope you are fine I know its too late to reply, but actually, 1 of my friend was the member of this community since 1 year and he shared your problem with me because I had faced the same issue in July that is why I decided to reply on this thread.
I completely agree with Neon Euc that You don't need an internet connection unless you're doing Facebook live video.
And hotspot device such as the Huawei Rocket Stick or ZTEMF970 Rocket Mobile Hotspot will definitely do the trick.
However, I am using AT&T Unite Pro Mobile WiFi Hotspot, and it is performing awesome for me it is the best mobile wifi hotspot. But don't buy any mobile hotspot before reading their reviews.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav