Wider PHantom Legs?

Reaction score
Sometimes the Legs of My Phantom will get in the shot if the camera is facing down. Has anyone seen a Wider Leg available?

I feel like they should be just an inch or so farther apart to avoid getting in the shot.

I found a set of wider legs on amazon for 6.99 with free shipping, going to be getting them soon hopefully!!

Im running the wider and taller legs you can find with simple searches (like these - http://www.amazon.com/Hobbypower-Landin ... B00IGRYODS )

The good thing is that the gear no longer gets in the way of video shots. The bad thing is that the gear is no longer (front to back) so you have raised your center of gravity while landing. For me this isnt an issue because its not like its HORRIBLE. Its just not quite as good . I normally hand catch my Phantom so i dont even land it really. But i have landed it quite a few times with no issues or tip overs at all. Its just something to be aware of is all.

These new Legs are stupid!!!!

Yes, they are wider, but are taller as well, which means for my Lens, even more of the leg gets in the shot!!! **** it I just need wider. Maybe I'll get someone to 3D print me a pair.

Also the stupid things don't match the diameters of the originals so I had to zip tie my compass on.

I'm definitely annoyed and not recommending these ******* legs. Why did they have to make them taller? Idiots!!!!

Shdio151 said:

Yes, they are wider, but are taller as well, which means for my Lens, even more of the leg gets in the shot!!! **** it I just need wider. Maybe I'll get someone to 3D print me a pair.

Also the stupid things don't match the diameters of the originals so I had to zip tie my compass on.

I'm definitely annoyed and not recommending these ******* legs. Why did they have to make them taller? Idiots!!!!

I love mine...don't know why you hate them??? The only related issue I have is that they aren't longer so you can still tip over. But I need the height to get my antenna and camera out of the weeds. Also my comp as clamped right on no issues at all

chuddly said:
Shdio151 said:

I love mine...don't know why you hate them??? The only related issue I have is that they aren't longer so you can still tip over. But I need the height to get my antenna and camera out of the weeds. Also my comp as clamped right on no issues at all

Agreed - I have to take off from some pretty rough areas and I like my GoPro up out of the dirt. When you fit the legs you need to pull the Phantom's lid off and then you can free up some extra compass cable - there's plenty of spare in there. Then you can mount the compass further down the leg where the diameter is the same as stock (and get the added bonus of moving the compass further away from other electronics).

And one other benefit: the wider legs make it SO MUCH easier to access the USB port and SD card on your GoPro. They are worth the money for that alone.

I cut 1.5 inches off of the new legs and re attached them using JB Weld. Then I sanded the excess weld compound down to round off the joints. The JB weld filled in where the legs and skids had minor gaps. Other than the grey of the weld compound at each leg it looks great, and my Legs Never get in the shot any more.

I just got a st of thease for my P2 which has the new enclosed compass that is molded into the stock gear any recomendations on modifying and attaching the compass

i've got 4 different type of legs (i love playing), these are the latest. As you can see you can adjust the rake so should be able to get them wide enough to be out of shot, i think i'm going to have to cut some off the front of the leg as they are quite long & think they'll get in shot. I've not flown it with them on yet

IMG_2151_zps2ac03709.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic