Wide landing gear

Reaction score
Hi, I just bought wide landing gear for my phantom. I'm scared to put it on because I don't want to mess up the GPS signal and the other thing ( not sure what the other thing is ) please help. Is there a video that I could watch or some tips and how to remove the GPS and the other thing to put on my wide landing gear?

I think you mean the compass... the GPS module is under the center of the top shell. The compass is on the landing gear. I would think that if you were going to replace landing gear, keep the compass in the same approximate position and on the same side, and try not to use a magnetic screwdriver because if it gets too close it could do wacky things to the compass.

I know others here can help too...

Hi, I just bought wide landing gear for my phantom. I'm scared to put it on because I don't want to mess up the GPS signal and the other thing ( not sure what the other thing is ) please help. Is there a video that I could watch or some tips and how to remove the GPS and the other thing to put on my wide landing gear?

If you have the newer P2 v2 version with the molded compass to the rear leg of the landing gear you may have a problem with placement on wider landing gear.

I don't believe the compass bracket can be removed from stock landing gear, as it's part of the mold.

Then what should I do? I already have the landing gear but I got them for $13 so its not like I'm down that much money

Wish I knew. I've had to stay with stock landing gear, as my case won't accommodate the wider gear. Wish it did :(

Then what should I do? I already have the landing gear but I got them for $13 so its not like I'm down that much money

Are you changing to the wider landing gear for stability or to keep from seeing the left gear in your video??

From the camera seeing the landing gear

What about the props there just as annoying.

I went about it in a different way which was more expensive by changing the cameras stock lens to a 5.4 mm f/2.5 60° 10 mp lens no fisheye, no landing gear or props in the video to crop out and the results for me were great.

I know on phantom 1 there was 4 mini screws and I removed it and mounted it to the wide. Not familiar with p2 or higher

What about the props there just as annoying.

I went about it in a different way which was more expensive by changing the cameras stock lens to a 5.4 mm f/2.5 60° 10 mp lens no fisheye, no landing gear or props in the video to crop out and the results for me were great.
Jason, I've been interested in doing the same mod to my Hero 3+ Black. Do you have a link to the lens you got?

Jason, I've been interested in doing the same mod to my Hero 3+ Black. Do you have a link to the lens you got?

I suggest that you order the lens and the lens mount that way all you have to is exchange as complete assembly. Total price including shipping is $157.22. To focus the lens you would need a micro mini to standard HDMI cable which you can get at Best Buy.

GoPro Hero 4/3+/3 Lens Mount – Peau Productions

5.4mm f/2.5 60d HFOV 10MP(No Distortion) – Peau Productions

Insignia™ - 6' Mini/Micro HDMI Cable - Black

Are you over the sticker stock??

You can't scare me :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie