Wi Fi warning

Reaction score
Flying my P2V in front of my house. Sent it up about 200ft and down the street about 500 ft. Suddenly I get a loss of wi fi warning. My bird is pretty far away. I flick the S1 switch to see if it will reconnect. Nothing happens. I pull down on my right stick and see that she's coming home. Gets all the way back and controls working fine as I land her. I look at my cell phone screen and discover that when the signal weakened as the distance increased the wifi on the cellphone switched to a stronger signal from the wifi in my house. That was why I lost wifi signal to P2V. I thought I had lost connection to my bird, but it was only video. So when I fly outside or any around my house, I unplug the wifi router in the house. Problem solved.

Hovtech said:
...I unplug the wifi router in the house. Problem solved.
Yeah, DJI recommends deleting all your "known" networks in your phone so it always reconnects to the Extender/Vision when back in range. It's a PITA unless you dedicate your device to your Vision, but if you want picture to come back automatically it's still the simplest way.

iDrone

Hmmm.. I've not had that issue come up yet, but there is not much area free to fly, around my house with so many trees.
I do however always select "FORGET NETWORK" when I switch from my home wifi to the Vision's wifi. Also there is a setting to turn off "auto connect" to available networks.

Is that enough, or should I do more ?

Curious...
The Rookie

same story if you have more than one down load phantom in your (iphone, ipad,..) that is with you at the flying field areas.

My phone is a Galaxy S4. Previously it was a Mot. Razr Maxx which has been sitting on on shelf for 6 months. On Ebay it's worth $60 so I never sold it. Well, lo and behold it is my new dedicated monitor for me P2V. I knew it would come in handy for something someday. Going to 'forget all other wi fi networks'. Ordered a white plastic cover for it to round out the 'look'.

Hovtech said:
Flying my P2V in front of my house. Sent it up about 200ft and down the street about 500 ft. Suddenly I get a loss of wi fi warning. My bird is pretty far away. I flick the S1 switch to see if it will reconnect. Nothing happens. I pull down on my right stick and see that she's coming home. Gets all the way back and controls working fine as I land her. I look at my cell phone screen and discover that when the signal weakened as the distance increased the wifi on the cellphone switched to a stronger signal from the wifi in my house. That was why I lost wifi signal to P2V. I thought I had lost connection to my bird, but it was only video. So when I fly outside or any around my house, I unplug the wifi router in the house. Problem solved.

please keep in mind your wifi connection only deals with camera operations..the s1 switch has no bearing on your wifi connection to your camera. also keep in mind that once you lost wifi to your vision is when your cell connected to your home wifi, not because your home wifi signal was stronger. once you connect to your vision, it should remain connected to your vision until that connection is dropped..

I've had the same problem with the Samsung Galaxy S4
I believe I read this on some other thread but here is what I am doing and it works for me.
From the opening screen do the swipe from the top that brings down a black page of notices and settings
Hit the gear symbol that at the top right side
Choose WiFi
Use the hidden menu button at the bottom left - the one that's always there.
Select Advanced
Uncheck the Auto Network switch.
Done.
Of course when your done flying you may want to recheck that setting.
Sounds complicated but just takes seconds.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues