Wi-Fi, on or off?

Reaction score
I don't know why I cannot answer this question myself but I am stumped.

When flying the Phantom 3 Professional, does the w-fi system on the iPad Mini 2 have to be on or does it matter?

Thank you for any help.

Bud

doesn't matter

Dji suggests to turn it off as wifi is also 2.4Ghz like the Phantom. That being said, I leave mine on most of the time because I forget to turn it off, I have not had any issues yet. But supposedly it can effect range.

I always have it on when flying at home and never had an issue with control or video.

With the P3A and P3P all communication to-from the bird is done via the RC and Lightbridge inside it. WiFi on your device (ios/android) plays no part in that communications other than possibly clogging the airwaves. Unless you need WiFi on your device for internet, turn it off.

That does not hold true for the P3S as it needs WiFi on the device to communicate with the drone for the FPV feed.

So, since I have the Phantom 3 Professional, I shall just turn it off and leave it off.

Thank you so much for your very concise answer. It is most appreciated.

Bud

With the P3A and P3P all communication to-from the bird is done via the RC and Lightbridge inside it. WiFi on your device (ios/android) plays no part in that communications other than possibly clogging the airwaves. Unless you need WiFi on your device for internet, turn it off.

That does not hold true for the P3S as it needs WiFi on the device to communicate with the drone for the FPV feed.

So, since I have the Phantom 3 Professional, I shall just turn it off and leave it off.

Thank you so much for your very concise answer. It is most appreciated.

Bud
Welcome.

BTW, nice wheel gun in your avatar :) Just curious you shoot a matchlock? Earliest I never dropped the hammer on was a flintlock. Have both a .50cal Kentucky and a .45cal pistol. Haven't shot either in years though.

Hi, and thanks for the kind reply. Here's my email address if you'd care to drop me an email we can talk a little about guns. I'm a Colt Single Action Army collector but I don't want to muddy up this forum with my other hobbies.

Bud

Welcome.

BTW, nice wheel gun in your avatar :) Just curious you shoot a matchlock? Earliest I never dropped the hammer on was a flintlock. Have both a .50cal Kentucky and a .45cal pistol. Haven't shot either in years though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav