Why would someone buy non-working P4 camera/gimbal?

Reaction score
I am selling my waterlogged and corroded P4 camera and gimbal on eBay and it immediately got bids. I have noticed several other broken camera/gimbals selling for over a hundred bucks. Why are people buying these?

Either for parts or they know how to repair and sell again at higher price.

But my camera and gimbal were under water in the ocean, all green and corroded and dried out for a week before I got into it. A guy tried cleaning it up for me and said it's worthless. I don't see how it could be fixed. Maybe people are buying non-working stuff and reselling them as good. Shenanigans. Buyer beware.

But my camera and gimbal were under water in the ocean, all green and corroded and dried out for a week before I got into it. A guy tried cleaning it up for me and said it's worthless. I don't see how it could be fixed. Maybe people are buying non-working stuff and reselling them as good. Shenanigans. Buyer beware.
What we're you doing in the water,,,kidding,,,,Yip cheaper option to try instead of new,,,,I grab any spares I can get,,,:) trying to save a $$$$$,,,but yes buyer beware

Reactions: Michael Thompson
Dunked one in salt water once. A guy bought it that repairs them. He said he had it check out, repaired and flying in four hours.

Mine wasn't green though. Came home and dunked it in alcohol for a few hours right after it happened.

Reactions: Michael Thompson

If you know it is a complete piece and worth nothing...

That sort of begs the question as to the morality of listing it on eBay... no?

Morality? Dude, I posted full disclosure on the ad that it was dunked and didn't work and corroded on the inside and started bidding at $29. What the hell else do you want? Jump to conclusions much? Morality...

Dunked one in salt water once. A guy bought it that repairs them. He said he had it check out, repaired and flying in four hours.

Mine wasn't green though. Came home and dunked it in alcohol for a few hours right after it happened.
I was on a deserted isla

Last edited:
I never buy a drone or camera that got wet. I always check the sticker. If it is missing or red , i walk away
Sticker? Where is this alleged sticker? Thanks. All I do is ocean wave filming so any drone I get will be a goner after a few months unless I can protect the guts from salt air somehow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1