Why use Trackimo or FlyTrex?

Reaction score
I see a bunch of post around Trackimo and FlyTrex. Wasn't sure what those were so I looked it up on google. Trackimo just seems like a GPS tracker, why do you mount this on your drone? Isn't the app showing you where it's at enough? FlyTrex, seems like the same thing. Are you guys flying your drone so far that you lose track of it or something?

Sorry of this is a noob question. I've only had my drone like three weeks. Still learning. Just didn't see the need yet to track the drone externally.

It's for extra protection in case you lose contact with your quad. This could happen for any number of reasons. Without the tracker, you'd only have an approximate idea of where it was last. With the tracker, you can usually narrow that to 50ft or so.

I'm a pilot in training and after reading all the horror stories on fly aways and quads dropping out of the sky, plus just wanting to know where my unit is in case I decide to do a distance run and lose it, I figured I'd better get one. Just for my peace of mind.

Reactions: flpholt

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic