Why so many why's?

Reaction score
Why so many why's? Why are we reading so many posts regarding bad issues with P2V? Why are P2V's falling out of the sky? Why are there battery issues? Why do I have to risk the integrity of my controler to update its firmware? Why isn't there MAC versions of firmware updates? Why doesn't DJI time the release of its new $1300 product with ready to go tutorial videos? Why?

I have had my p2v for about month. So far no serious issues (knock on wood). Even after a misfortunate run in with a tree at about 6 ft. Still flew luke a champ. The only issue I have had is on occasion (every 3rd or 4th power up) when I throttle up to lift off it doesn't. The props are spining but its as if it isn't getting enough power to lift off. I shut down and power up again and that seems to work.

I haven't updated firmware yet because I am mac user. I have tried via Parallels / Windows 8 but also no luck. Admitably I am still new to all this so I am still learning how to fly it and getting comfortable flying higher than 100+ feet. So there isn't a huge urge to update the firmware. It flies fine for me now. But eventually I will want to update. What then?

Reading so many posts regarding p2v issues is disheartening. Can i trust my p2v? I think all this will eventually work itself out. I hope. But until then. ..I have to fly not knowing if my p2v will suddenly drop out of the sky.

As others have noted it would be interesting to see what % of people have actually had problems

Have people landed on this forum just because they are looking for answers to their problems? Vs the people who are happy and flying away.

Randerson said:
Why so many why's? Why are we reading so many posts regarding bad issues with P2V? Why are P2V's falling out of the sky? Why are there battery issues? Why do I have to risk the integrity of my controler to update its firmware? Why isn't there MAC versions of firmware updates? Why doesn't DJI time the release of its new $1300 product with ready to go tutorial videos? Why?

I have had my p2v for about month. So far no serious issues (knock on wood). Even after a misfortunate run in with a tree at about 6 ft. Still flew luke a champ. The only issue I have had is on occasion (every 3rd or 4th power up) when I throttle up to lift off it doesn't. The props are spining but its as if it isn't getting enough power to lift off. I shut down and power up again and that seems to work.

I haven't updated firmware yet because I am mac user. I have tried via Parallels / Windows 8 but also no luck. Admitably I am still new to all this so I am still learning how to fly it and getting comfortable flying higher than 100+ feet. So there isn't a huge urge to update the firmware. It flies fine for me now. But eventually I will want to update. What then?

Reading so many posts regarding p2v issues is disheartening. Can i trust my p2v? I think all this will eventually work itself out. I hope. But until then. ..I have to fly not knowing if my p2v will suddenly drop out of the sky.

Update your firmware. It should fix random liftoff problem. If did for me. I fully agree that Mac software should be available. It is ridiculous that they chose windows over Mac.

redrick said:
As others have noted it would be interesting to see what % of people have actually had problems

Have people landed on this forum just because they are looking for answers to their problems? Vs the people who are happy and flying away.

Good point.

updated via Windows and no flights problems, except, today playing around, turned of the controller intentionally to make it go into Go Home mode, that part worked fine, but after turning the controller back on it would not connect back to the P2V. Had to shut down the P2V.

myquietwaters said:
updated via Windows and no flights problems, except, today playing around, turned of the controller intentionally to make it go into Go Home mode, that part worked fine, but after turning the controller back on it would not connect back to the P2V. Had to shut down the P2V.

Did you put s1 down then back up after turning transmitter back on? It will not reconnect until you do that.

Ton4 wrote:
myvrodrocks wrote:
One thing I learned on my Harley forum and I believe it applies here as well. People don't jump on a forum and go on and on about a product performing as expected. They go on and on about its problems. So there are several instances here about issues, but how many thousands out there have not yet found the need to fire up the computer and look for an answer?

I realize that. But somehow it seems that there are less problems with the "normal" phantom as there are with the phantom vision. Of course I may "suffer" from confirmation bias, and there may be a difference in type of people buying normal phantoms and phantom visions. And there may be a number of people who think its their own fault, don't complain and leave it to that.

Yet, the physical battery problems have been addressed by DJI, by a software update so at least this problem is pretty real.

But even in the light of what you (and I) said there are typical problems reoccurring, so at least a certain percentage of visions suffer from the same problems. How big this percentage is from all visions sold may look larger by searching info online, yet the problems are there.

There may be problems that occur regularly because of pilot error, system vulnerability / quality control or environmental issues, but they could be easily addressed by DJI. After all the Phantom Vision is more or less marketed as a no worry eye in the sky with social media sharing. Either the percentage of problems is so low they don't think its important, or they (wisely) don't talk about it.

Wisely Mmmmmmm

I am not so sure it is wise

I fly model R/c Jets. As a result of seeing and experiencing shoddy manufacturing over the years I will now only buy from one well known American manufacture.

The reason being they really do proper R&D and occasionally as can happen, if they subsequently get problems once the airframe is on ' line' will issue AD's (Airworthiness Directives ) ala full size to correct the problem.

I have great confidence in this particular manufacture and dare I say it have not lost an airframe for ten years now.

Back to DJI I am a very happy Classic Phantom owner however I returned my PV2 due to various well documented issues. I am really disappointed in DJI's handling and communication on these issues. I have come to the conclusion i will not buy a pv2 as I need complete confidence in any thing I fly and probably will not buy DJI in the future as they obviously only care about marketing and once sold dont give a **** about the customer.

If DJI were to take a leaf out of the afore mentioned jet manufactures book and communicate with customers I might re-consider.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj