why Phantom is a terrible Drone.

Reaction score
It goes without saying that obvious people will post here all their concerns / problems regarding Phantom.
I have it now for 4 months and fly it evry single day ..... i admit that i had many terrible moments with it
which i categorised them below :

1: Adictive : kills your modivation at work as u cannot wait to go home and fly.
2: Extremly Noisy : Wife shouts at you coming with muddy shoes back from the night flight.
3: Dangerous : it makes all neiberhood drive extremly fast next to your house following that UFO.
4: Unhealthy : standing for long time over your charger staring that red led waiting for the lipos to charge hurts your eyes.
5: Epileptic : evry time you see someone shouting and runing in the street you look up on the sky looking for a fly-away
6: Marieege thread : Dont tell me that u havent dreamed the drone delivering your telephone number to that blond girl...
7: Promotes violence : Dont tell me u havent dreamed your phantom carying a Hell-fire or a Stinger.
8: Internet bandwith killer : how many youtube phantom videos u whatch untill now ?
9: HydroPhobia : How many times you cursed that rainy no flight day ?

i can go on and on and on ..... if you didnt buy it yet ... just Dont .. your life is at risk with it .....

I think its a terrible drone because it carries a wide angle camera so not much good as a spy device and it also cant carry a hellfire missile or 2 so again another bad point for a drone.

Its a great fun little quad and basic camera platform just don't get it if your looking for a drone as you will be disappointed and also likely hooked on multi rotors for life after your first taste.

Don't forget the most obvious downfall to the Phantom, the maxing out of credit cards getting all the cools stuff to make it fly longer, faster, record video, FPV, better camera control, and taller landing gear.

My car suddenly loses situational awareness and has suddenly started hard right turns into the parking lot for the hobbyshop where I bought my Phantom. I think maybe it has a put a "go home" virus in my car nav system. Also, it seems to force credit cards to spill from my purse when nearing the hobby shop door! Just a warning...

10) It's a gateway drone. I thought, "No problem, I can handle it - it's just a social drone." But now I'm a junky, shooting up (into the sky) every chance I get and starting to get into the really heavy stuff like octorotors, px4, UHF, stereo FPV. I think my wife is about to host an intervention...

Ha ha,number 8.
Last night I had to buy another 2GB of bandwidth just to watch some Phantom videos.

Every time its windless I want to get the phantom out. It's nuts. I'm thinking, what a waste of calm weather! That's what being by the ocean makes you think.

Reactions: BlackHawk388
You have missed "why it is not terrible"..

You can spy on your neighbours without being arrested.
You can deliver drugs to prisons.
You can produce a 15 minute video of a field and some trees and people tell you it is interesting.
You can film girls in bikinis claiming it is "practicing aerial photography"
Your home now has so much rf/wireless/gps transmission going on that your teeth glow in the dark.

Reactions: Ti22
LOL...manosmanoli, you hit the nail on the head! cant be more in agreement...let me add one:
10 or 11: When you are in a new place/location, instead of enjoying it, you only think of how you would make an aerial video of it.

What about can't get to sleep, lying in bed trying to think of the next best aerial video location? The credit card usage is definitely an issue, I bought an Inspire controller just to get the HDMI (for FPV) port for my Phantom 3, which I haven't even got yet (arrives today)! Hey, it's my mad money, I've simply gone mad!

Reactions: dirkclod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20